Subject: Wolf of the Week #239: The_Rorab! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
I've of notional persuasion that I hear its distant cry, and they're never very far away...
badge
... no, they're never very far away!
mbmbmbmbmb
About a year ago (or a little less?) a wild Rorab appeared. These days, he's something of a pillar of the community, and when he's not playing a game, you'll find him ghosting a dead chat, modding somewhere, or posting drunken encouragement messages to you in a GM.

Rorab wrote:
I'm very honoured to join the ranks of players who have been given Wolf of the Week, and this would come at a very fitting time, given that I've only recently won my first ever game on this site as a wolf! Which may sound lacking for a "Wolf" of the Week, but I can play a pretty self-clearing Villager even if my wolf game may not be quite up to scratch!

So in terms of me, my name is Rob, I'm 21, and I hail from sunny Britain, often traipsing between Leicester (where I'm from) and York. I'm technically still a student, studying English at the University of York, though I was meant to have graduated as of this Summer, which hasn't happened for a plethora of reasons that maybe I shall steer clear for this venture heh. I'm a rather big fan of football, which considering my home city, made this last year rather interesting heh. I'm also very in love with cats, sort of low-key plan to have as many as possible, and grew up alongside Pokemon and as such have a great love of it as well.

In terms of board games, I hopped on the gaming bandwagon fairly recently. In my first year of uni, I was given The Resistance: Avalon as a birthday present from my sister, and from there stumbled upon One Night Ultimate WW, as my first foray into the realm of WW and social deception games. I was enamoured, and eventually made my way onto BGG and puttered around in a few ONUW PBF's before making my way to this lovely place! In many ways it feels oddly fitting to reboot WotW given that I was the first newbie to appear after the Cassy crash of 2015 heh.

But yeah, I made my way here, had a few stumbling blocks, including some crushing early games courtesy of Amekins and Paper, both of whom I advantaged with my lacklustre choices as good! angry
But eventually I slotted into this community, and have truly enjoyed every moment of it. Y'all are wonderful people that I wish I had the pleasure of being able to meet, but alas, that may not be feasible in the most case for a good while. But until then, know that I truly adore you all, and am always rooting for you to succeed! I also eagerly await questioning, to see what your twisted minds want me to answer

Poll
Two truths and a lie:
When I was 12, I was in a "rock" band with a few other classmates from my school and was offered a chance to perform as a support act for another band at a gig in Birmingham.
In my lifetime, my family and I have owned upwards of 36 animals.
I had to be taught how to use an oven at the age of 18 by a disbelieving university flatmate.
      15 answers
Poll created by TFang
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
\o/ Yay, Rorab!!!

d10-1 What are some of your favorite board games?
d10-2 Do you ever do any RPGs?
d10-3 What is your favorite good role? Evil role?
d10-4 What is your least favorite good role? Evil Role?
d10-5 If you could give up ever being your favorite good role to never get your least favorite evil role, would you?
d10-6 What are your favorite 3-7 games that you've played in on BGG? Why?
d10-7 What themes do you wish someone would run?
d10-8 You, me, Beren, Sarah, Amy, ortho_, and stone all get together and get wicked drunk. Tell me about what happens that night.
d10-9 TFang, Royal, you, and Chronomodra are trapped in a bunker during the apocalypse. Which of you do the others eat to stay alive? Who goes stir crazy first? Who survives the longest?
d10-0 You, Fa, and Smug are the final 3 in Big Brother. TFang, Royal, Amy, me, and Beren are the Jury. Who wins the HOH competition? Who wins the Final 2?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
I've of notional persuasion that I hear its distant cry, and they're never very far away...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What was your proudest WW moment, before last week's wolf victory?

How different does a game feel to you if Royal isn't in it?

If your nemesis' kids made you a craft of Rorab Appreciation, what would you most appreciate?

What, if you were describing your life now to your 14 year old self, would most surprise him?

Given the choice between a passing experience and an item that will see moderate use over the course of your life, which would you buy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
msg tools
badge
Well behaved women don't defeat empires.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have more questions later but my first one is: have you ever thought about becoming a professional reader? Would you record yourself reading a book and send it to me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Princess Sparklefists
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
There were times when she felt lost, but that did not stop her. For the further she went, the more she collected herself as she walked away. And the more she walked away, the closer she got to it all.
badge
And in the end, she became more than what she expected. She became the journey, and like all journeys, she did not end, she just simply changed directions. -RM Drake
mbmbmbmbmb
Hugs to my neme-kitty!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Rorab.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Żarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
I may or may not be a Wolf
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the best breakfast cereal?

Cheese on toast - with Lea and Perrins or without?

What's your favourite cake?

What job would you love to do, if financial security wasn't a concern?

What is your earliest good memory?

Do you use a spoon to take jam out of the jar or sully the lovely jam with your buttery knife like some form of jam monster?

We're going for dinner, your choice, I'm paying and I'm fine with spending up to fifty quid, where are we going?

How often do you need to shave?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smugvid wrote:
Do you use a spoon to take jam out of the jar or sully the lovely jam with your buttery knife like some form of jam monster?

Objection, leading the witness!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Existence is the search for relief from our habit, and our habit is the only relief we can find.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, Rorab!!!! I can't believe you haven't been WotW - much deserved.

Questions will be incoming as soon as I have time to think of some good ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Żarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:
Smugvid wrote:

Objection, leading the witness!

I don't think this is so much leading the witness, more leading the findings of the jury.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wyles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Positivity is fucking rad
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, I'll answer the question when I'm in a tad more of a cogent state heh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wyles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
elias5891 wrote:
Congrats, Rorab. A good kitty to earn the WotW attention.

A What is your favourite meal?
B What is your favourite WW role to play as?
C What is your weirdest WW memory on the site? As in something that stuck out to you as odd?
D You can play a boardgame with any historical or fictional people. What board game do you play, and with who?
E What is your favourite song to listen to, when you need to calm down?
F What is the last book you read and enjoyed reading?
G If you have a smartphone, how many apps do you have cluttering your various homepages?
H Which WW'er do you have the worst reads that you feel confident on?
I Ner lbh tbbq ng onfvp pvcuref?

-Pasta with melted cheese and tuna. It's what I eat when I'm sad or don't have the energy to cook properly heh.

-Villager all the way! I love the freedom that Villager gives you to play any way you want!

-Hmm. Weirdest memory is hard. It might be my drunken rampage through BGG heh. I saw the aftermath having forgotten about it while feeling very ill, and was quite equally amused and surprised!

-I know this sounds kind of dull, but given the chance, I'd play any sort of board game with people I've met here. I'd list names, but I fear I'd miss people out, and feel bad heh.

-Run by Daughter. Though I am a rather big fan of playing the entire soundtrack of Hamilton when I'm in a bad mood heh.

-Hah. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a book. I did read Maus by Art Spigelman a while back which I found very interesting. Palestine by Joe Sacco as well. They're both more akin to graphic novels than a piece of literature, but they're both incredibly fascinating.

-I do have a smartphone, but it's in such a state of disuse that it has scant apps and very few purposes heh. I wish it had Pokemon Go capability!

-TFang. I so often assume her into a good cornerstone and it turns out she's been inviting me to tea the whole time!

-I will get back to here when I have the energy to figure out encryption
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wyles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
\o/ Yay, Rorab!!!

d10-1 What are some of your favorite board games?
d10-2 Do you ever do any RPGs?
d10-3 What is your favorite good role? Evil role?
d10-4 What is your least favorite good role? Evil Role?
d10-5 If you could give up ever being your favorite good role to never get your least favorite evil role, would you?
d10-6 What are your favorite 3-7 games that you've played in on BGG? Why?
d10-7 What themes do you wish someone would run?
d10-8 You, me, Beren, Sarah, Amy, ortho_, and stone all get together and get wicked drunk. Tell me about what happens that night.
d10-9 TFang, Royal, you, and Chronomodra are trapped in a bunker during the apocalypse. Which of you do the others eat to stay alive? Who goes stir crazy first? Who survives the longest?
d10-0 You, Fa, and Smug are the final 3 in Big Brother. TFang, Royal, Amy, me, and Beren are the Jury. Who wins the HOH competition? Who wins the Final 2?

-Funnily enough, I'm not a massive board gamer. I have a few games I enjoy, but I'm not very well versed in a large amount of board games, and find some such as worker placement or tile management games to not be my cup of tea at all. I'm a big fan of ONUW and Avalon. I enjoy Betrayal at House on the Hill a lot, but have played it a lot and am a bit burnt out on it. I really like party games, ones that are a good laugh and don't always take the longest amount of time, but can in the right scenario

-I've never played an RPG to my detriment. I've very new to the premise of RPing in general actually. I always intended to give it a bash but just haven't managed to find the people for it, or the right period for it.

-As I've said, I love Villager. My favourite evil role is probably unknowledgeable aux. Although, my skill at CCing makes it very draining should I need to do so.

-My least favourite Good role is probably Hunter. There's always such a battle between trying to last as long as possible for the parity purposes and making sure to get the Brutal right. Though, I wouldn't say I don't enjoy playing Hunter, I just enjoy being good in general heh. Least favourite evil role is Wolf hands down. I'm generally bad at picking NKs, bad at replicating good me as evil, find it stressful to the max, and feel the weight of others on my back to not let them down. I find it very tiring.

-In a heartbeat heh. I can take being GS all the time if I'm never a wolf

-Pokemon Howling Moon by Royal. It was amazing. I love Pokemon, slap it on anything and you'll have me there instantly. But it was so well-thought out, the HP system worked perfectly to mirror the games, the game itself was hard-fought and had some pretty awesome play from a few people, including you and Peer heh, was the start of my nemesising with Fa, a really fun head-to-head with Tok. And I just thoroughly enjoyed everything about it.

Brevity 4 by Lemon was really fun, and probably my favourite of my early games. I really enjoyed the posting restrictions, and despite being Aux Seer and not getting any hits after 4 days, everyone was still lovely, and it was just all-around great fun.

WWTD3 by TFang was a very pivotal moment in my WWing life. I'd come off the back of a few very disappointing personal games for me, where I felt like I had played poorly, my mental health was deteriorating rapidly, and it just breathed fresh air into everything. It was tons of fun, it's where I came to realise that I loved posting restriction games, and was one of the first games I truly felt like I fit into the community. It kept me hooked and was enjoyable throughout.

Neighbors 3 by Pilotbob, despite it's MANY interpersonal issues also ranks up there. I LOVE the set, it's hands down one of my favourite premises. I love mason chats to death, and so Neighbors is a goldmine to me. But really it's more of a sentimental thing, since it was in Neighbors that I really got to know Sarah. And Sarah is one of the people I'm most indebted to for helping me out in the community and making me feel valued and appreciated. I had a blast talking with her, our Hood chat was the longest chat in the whole game despite it only being in place from D2-D7 and it was wonderful. It was also how I got to know Paper better as well, which was awesome, because Paper is just a stand-up awesome dude. We were Villagers together at the end-game, and despite everyone thinking we were likeliest evils, we stuck together for the most part and tried to vote off us.

Lastly, and this comes with a caveat, but The Disney Gauntlet by LJ. I say with a caveat because the game itself was a shambles for me. Team evil in all honesty were on the rails from the word go, by about D5 I had resigned to losing, and I had spent about a week or so in an awful mood, feeling apathetic and tired, and ready to be lynched to our ultimate demise. But I hung on, I found motivation from somewhere, and despite us inevitably losing, I proved to myself that I wasn't as bad as I thought I was, and managed to trick some people into believing I was good. And the game itself was just incredible heh. There was so much thought, so much nuance, and so much awesome play and RP.

-More Pokemon themes would do me fine! I'm waiting for Royal to run another one of his set heh. No pressure.
Other than that, theme games aren't ones I tend to play that often due to not being into many fandom-esque things, Harry Potter would be a VERY big sway for me, I can't think of anything else off the top of my head though.

-Oh god. I'm not sure Im be able to fully understand all the shenanigans that'd go on with that lot of drunkards! It'd be an absolute riot though, and so much fun! And also sounds like a future plan cool
No matter what though, Ortho ends up singing Prince at 3AM, and Silver definitely turns up too! And I'm bringing along Smuggles.

-In all honesty I think I go first. I don't think I could handle that sort of scenario so I think I'd quite gladly offer myself for consumption, dark as that sounds
I definitely go stir crazy. I think one of Royal or Chrono survives longest. Not sure which.

-Umm. What's HOH? I may not have ever watched Big Brother heh. I think I win though because I just woo everyone with my accent
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
"I do whatever the voice in my head tells me to do."
badge
"I'm an equal opportunist."
mbmbmbmbmb
CONGRATS BABY CAT! I don't have a clue what this is, but it looks awesome and you deserve everything awesome!

Rorab was my first co-mod in my first Hi game (with Ling, of course). Our relationship has grown and developed and I've learned that he is one of the most wonderful people I've ever had the chance to know.

Is this the part I ask questions?

How many siblings do you have?

What is your favorite food?

If you could choose any place in the world to visit tomorrow, where would you go and why?

What is your dream job?

What is your favorite book?

What is your most frequented site on the internet besides BGG?

Why is Stone evil?

I LOVE YOU! heartheartheartheart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wyles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:
What was your proudest WW moment, before last week's wolf victory?

How different does a game feel to you if Royal isn't in it?

If your nemesis' kids made you a craft of Rorab Appreciation, what would you most appreciate?

What, if you were describing your life now to your 14 year old self, would most surprise him?

Given the choice between a passing experience and an item that will see moderate use over the course of your life, which would you buy?

-That's actually quite a difficult question. I'm not overly proud of too many of my games. I think before my first wolf win, my proudest WW moment was likely the Aux Seer moment in A Game for 19, when Taquelli called an Aux hit on me and everyone was just like, yeah Rorab's Tinker Villager. Oh wait he claimed Aux Seer, sure he must be legit. I was quite proud of self-clearing for a while.

-There's a distinct lack of flavour in games Royal isn't in. Not as in flavour like game flavour. But there's just a whole lot less panache and fun trains, and he's just a really comforting presence in games tbh. You know where you stand with Royal, and you know he's just gonna be there, playing well, and doing fun stuff.

-I'll admit I'm not sure I quite grasp the question. But it sounds absolutely adorable and I would appreciate and cherish all of it!

-You're hella not straight. FYI. laugh

-The item I think. If I'm parsing the question right that is! I have a tendency to not be able to retain much of an experience after it has happened. I can know it happened, I can know it was good or that I enjoyed it a lot, but I can never really feel it or quite recognise what it did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor Oak
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Live Laugh Love Learn
badge
Live Laugh Love Learn
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Baby Cat!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Congrats, Rorab!

So, there used to be a guy on the forum named Guenhwyvhar. He was infamous in the WOTW threads, not because he asked a bajillion and one questions, but because he asked one single question. As he has drifted away from participating in the Village Square, I have decided to take up his mantle. Hate me if you want.

---------------
You are the moderator of a Hi game. Your players can be anybody, real or fictional, living or dead. Who would you have in your game? What roles would everyone have? Which team would win? What would be the standout plays, or who would be the MVP of the game? What else is interesting about this game?

If you want to get ideas by looking at some of the previous answers, you can look at The Epic Question Thread!

These are the roles for a Hi game:
Quote:
Villager x5
Brutal Hunter
Seer
Martyr

Sorcerer-Cultist (immune to NK)
Werewolf (first dead werewolf is brutal)
Werewolf

If you want to use the old standard P11, the only changes are that the Sorcerer-Cultist is not immune to the NK and only views for Seer, and that one wolf is a dedicated brutal Werewolf.
---------------

If you want a sample, here is mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Żarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
How many beans make five?

What's your karaoke song?

Lemon or no lemon please?

What's the best type of chair?

Olympic sport/event you'd most like to compete in?

Have you ever canoed?

You have to trade your left hand for either a drinking horn or a musical horn, which do you choose?

Do you kill bugs or trap and let free or leave them where they're at?

Best cartoon character?

Is um-bongo still going? Where you around for the short lived period of um-ognob?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wyles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
SarahBoBara wrote:
I'll have more questions later but my first one is: have you ever thought about becoming a professional reader? Would you record yourself reading a book and send it to me?

I tried to record a voice recording to respond to this but couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get it into a postable form so I gave up on that! In short, no, but it's lovely to know people like my accent heh modest

If I had the time, of course

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wyles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
FaleohFang wrote:
Hugs to my neme-kitty!

Many many hugs to my nemesis back! heart

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wyles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
dbmurph22 wrote:
Congrats Rorab.

And thanks Murph! heart

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Rorab wrote:
SarahBoBara wrote:

I tried to record a voice recording to respond to this but couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get it into a postable form so I gave up on that! In short, no, but it's lovely to know people like my accent heh modest

If I had the time, of course

vocaroo.com is what I've seen others use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Takeshi
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't finished reading yet, so you can skip what you already answered

What is your favorite book?

What is your favorite UK phrase that isn't used much elsewhere?

What would your role be as good, aux evil, max evil (as if you were playing Be Each Other)

What is your favorite anagram of your name?

What game character do you most relate to? Which one would you like to trade places with? Which game world would you most want to be in?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Ryan
United States
Lee's Summit
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Rorab, Well Deserved WotW!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wyles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
Smugvid wrote:
What's the best breakfast cereal?

Cheese on toast - with Lea and Perrins or without?

What's your favourite cake?

What job would you love to do, if financial security wasn't a concern?

What is your earliest good memory?

We're going for dinner, your choice, I'm paying and I'm fine with spending up to fifty quid, where are we going?

How often do you need to shave?

- I fluctuate wildly on cereals, I had a phase a bit ago for Krave, but have completely gone off it now, I like a variety but I do think you have to go far to beat Kelloggs Cornflakes

- Hehehe. Sooooo. I sort of don't know what Lea and Perrins is? whistle
Google tells me it's Worcestershire sauce, which I've never tried so I can't really estimate heh. Maybe I'll give it a bash soon and tell you the results!

- You have to go far to beat a good carrot cake imo!

- Ehhh. I honestly don't know really. Which is likely one of my problems heh. Maybe a teaching assistant, something with helping people.

- I don't really have much of a memory of my childhood. I didn't really enjoy swathes of it and am a very different person than I was then. I'd say, it'd be playing games with my best friend outside in my back garden, nothing really mattered then

- Generally I prefer to remove the jam with a clean utensil, but have been known to forget and sully the pure jam goodness with a sinful buttered knife. I have many a sin unfortunately.

- Heh, I'm not fussy, I love a good Indian curry though, so maybe that somewhere. I'm not too knowledgeable about the where though heh.

- I shave maybe once per two weeks? I should more often because I grow VERY patchy and uneven facial hair that doesn't look great, but I often don't have the energy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.