Subject: 2 Player rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis P
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Is there any way to play with just 2? Does the idea of each player, playing two factions a possibility?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
Yup, there's a 2 player section in the rulebook. Works the same way as the original Cthulhu Wars two player rules - 2 factions each. Theoretically, you could also use 3-4 factions each for a mega game.

I imagine the updated rules for the 2-player Cthulhu Wars could also be adapted for Glorantha - although this'd probably be a fan variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
C3Gaming wrote:
Yup, there's a 2 player section in the rulebook. Works the same way as the original Cthulhu Wars two player rules - 2 factions each. Theoretically, you could also use 3-4 factions each for a mega game.

I imagine the updated rules for the 2-player Cthulhu Wars could also be adapted for Glorantha - although this'd probably be a fan variant.

Actually, that's old. There is no 2 player version of The Gods War. Sandy is fairly adamant about this, and there is no SG planned to make it 2 player.

It was difficult (more than it might seem) to pull off a good 2 player for CW, and b/c of the differences of TGW, it will be harder. Sandy is happy with it being a multiplayer only strategy game experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whats the upper ceiling on players? 8? (assuming stretch goal for lunars) Is there a separate 6-8 player board as CW has?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Lanrezac
France
Chatou
Yvelines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wtrollkin2000 wrote:
Whats the upper ceiling on players? 8? (assuming stretch goal for lunars) Is there a separate 6-8 player board as CW has?

Yes and Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
wtrollkin2000 wrote:

main game 3-5 map.

SG to add 6-8 map in the Empires box. So, assuming we hit that SG (which I think we will!), 6-8 map is freely added to the main expansion (empires, which adds all the other playable factions in a single box).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.