Subject: When Spine Critters explode rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fruit Eating Bear
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to make sure I'm doing this right, can you roll defence dice against the hits they inflict when they die?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark T
United States
Southern MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the answer is yes. They usually distinguish between "hits" and "damage", the latter being absorbed without a defense roll. The rules also usually will explicitly state when defense rolls are not allowed.

I've been playing that you get to roll defense against spine critter acid damage, so if I got this wrong, I'd like to know as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fruit Eating Bear
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mark, I appreciate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If something inflicts wounds, then you don't do a defense roll. Since the Spine Critter deals damage, you do get to defend against it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Clark
United States
Sturtevant
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If a spine critter is at range 0 with 2 or more agents is only one attack roll made (similar to area damage) or is a separate attack roll for spine done against each agent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dclark wrote:
If a spine critter is at range 0 with 2 or more agents is only one attack roll made (similar to area damage) or is a separate attack roll for spine done against each agent?

Yes. Just one roll that is then applied to all targets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Clark
United States
Sturtevant
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks! Just got this game a couple of weeks ago and am thoroughly enjoying soloing 3 agents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skaak wrote:
If something inflicts wounds, then you don't do a defense roll. Since the Spine Critter deals damage, you do get to defend against it.

Well at least the green and blue ones do... devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.