Popular Tags: [View All]
Cam Platell
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do I get ground units from this box onto the map?

There seems to be only one C47, so if I have to use that it will take forever?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Avtges
United States
Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
CONCEALED -3
badge
It's not easy being green.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can get those units onto the island via Sea Cap, but you do need to have a port on the island to do so. With the converted LST ports as well as the others nearby the historical invasion spots, that shouldn't be too difficult. Of course, that is then going to cut into the amount of supply you can send to the island. Ah, decisions, decisions...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cam Platell
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, that makes sense.

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy English
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
nix342 wrote:
You can get those units onto the island via Sea Cap, but you do need to have a port on the island to do so. With the converted LST ports as well as the others nearby the historical invasion spots, that shouldn't be too difficult. Of course, that is then going to cut into the amount of supply you can send to the island. Ah, decisions, decisions...

I've read the response here and on CSW and I can't find anywhere in the rules that says this.

CSW refers to 1.4a allowing it.
However, 1.4a says that you can use naval transport, it doesn't say that you can use shipping capacity.

Ok.. just checked the errata for Sicily II, that one line in it makes so much difference.

"off map boxes have ports"

That combined with 3.2a is what gives the ability to use Sea Cap.
(I think... :-) )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.