$30.00
$5.00
$20.00
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardboard Insanity is launching a new monthly Geeklist series starting September first.

The plan is to get the community to play 1 game repeatedly for a month. We wouldn't expect you to play just one game, but we'd like you to give it a couple plays that month. We'll then allow everyone to comment on the Geeklist so we can compare notes and then put together a mega review based on the community feedback. This would be a great way to get the voice of people that don't normally do reviews to share their opinions.

I'm curious as to what games people might like to nominate for the first month. My heart is saying Concordia, but I'd love some other ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
I could do Concordia
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
Fabulous! I'm hoping that each person can play at least 2 or 3 times each month and then write up a short Geeklist entry about their thoughts. Maybe some of the following:

First impressions:
Impressions at the end of the month:
What you learned:
Optimal player count:
Replayability:

Those are just some general topics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
7 Wonders Duel
It is highly ranked, and for those that have it, it should get played at least twice a month.

I personally have over 40 plays in 3 months

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's fantastic. I will definitely keep that in mind. Might not be month 1, but it could be month two. I'll do votes on Twitter. Follow me there for more info. @cardboardinsane

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suzan
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea! We don't actually own Concordia so we'll have to skip that, but we'll join in whenever we can!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic! Do you have any suggestions for games that you'd like to nominate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stormseeker75 wrote:
Fantastic! Do you have any suggestions for games that you'd like to nominate?

I'd nominate El Grande devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bet you would! And that might be a fine choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love this idea, would live to give a 2 player view on the game you play every month.
Subscribed here to keep informed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Jonas! We'll be playing mostly two-player as well. All player counts are welcome. This should be a fun experiment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stormseeker75 wrote:
It's fantastic. I will definitely keep that in mind. Might not be month 1, but it could be month two. I'll do votes on Twitter. Follow me there for more info. @cardboardinsane

My only complaint, votes on twitter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, votes on Twitter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
Well, there went the population of voters/participants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have a twitter account, but my vote would be for Concorida. I have only played it a few times, but I am itching to get it back to the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Concordia will definitely be game 1 in September.

If you don't have a Twitter, you can always shoot me a Geekmail on here. Maybe I'll do polls on BGG as we get going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stormseeker75 wrote:
Concordia will definitely be game 1 in September.

If you don't have a Twitter, you can always shoot me a Geekmail on here. Maybe I'll do polls on BGG as we get going.

Yeah, I don't do Twitter either. As to where to do the polls, I guess it depends on you target market. You don't want to get in the mode of managing polls in different places for the same thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely not. This should be fun, not work. Still, I'll try to accomodate as many people as possible. I think if I post a thread then it should work out fine. Maybe I can do a poll here and on Twitter. I don't know yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Might be interesting, but no twitter and keeping it that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if you saw this or not:

Quote:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geraint & Rhyannon
Wales
Briton Ferry
Neath Port Talbot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is a great idea. We've been saying recently that we need to replay games more quickly than we have in the past, in order to explore more strategies and also so we don't forget the rules! We don't have Concordia but do have 7WD so would be great to join in with that one. I'd like to nominate La Granja for a future month. We've played once with each player count and it's a different game with each one so we'd like to explore that further. We are following you on twitter too - @GoHalvesOnGames

G
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! Glad to see you'll be participating at some point.

We've had a lot of requests for 7WD so I think that will definitely be a nomination for October.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would you be looking for people all across the 'Geek or a targeted audience of some sort?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EVERYONE is welcome. Seriously, anyone who wants to take part. I want lots of opinions. The more the merrier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Then count me as someone who...
a) is interested and
b) does not use Twitter and
c) does not have Concordia

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.