$20.00
Nicola Gambetti
Italy
Bolzano
flag msg tools
designer
And plastic for the Plastic Throne!
badge
Mentre su New York calavano le prime ombre della sera...
mbmbmbmbmb
Me and my usual group of three more gamers have been playing Defenders quite often over the last five years: we’ve scored well over one hundred games, winning about 1/3 of them.

Months ago, to celebrate our 100th game - and at the same time to spice up our games and add a little more variety - we decided to play a few games with custom characters: each of us designed one or more heroes that suited his own tastes or playstyle. At the same time, we didn’t want to make them too powerful: I guess we accomplished that, since we lost way more games than usual when playing with these characters.

Ill Met In Monarch City
I came up with a thematically consistent party of four heroes inspired by the Lankhmar stories by Fritz Leiber: they’re Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser of course, matched with their patrons, Ningauble and Sheelba.

In the attempt to mirror the relationships that make their stories so enjoyable, I wanted them to interact with each other to some extent:
- Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser have a powerful ability («The Gods of Lankhmar») that may be triggered when they’re in Monarch City at the same time;
- Ningauble and Sheelba, whom the stories depict as always bickering, have an ability that rewards them whenever they’re away from each other (it’s named differently but works the same way: Ningauble’s is «The Gossiper of the Gods» and Sheelba’s «Personal Agenda»);
- both Ningauble and Sheelba may summon their own adept (Ningauble works with Fafhrd and Sheelba with the Gray Mouser).

I also tried to make and call all their abilities as thematic as I could, although - I must confess - it’s been a long time since I’ve read their stories.

Four Sought Adventure
We’ve had good fun playing with them, so I thought I might share them with the other Defenders on Boardgame Geek: I really hope you’ll enjoy playing with them as much as we did!

The Bard Of The Bizarre
And, as an unrelated added hero, I’d also promote my take on the Bard, the custom character I’ve had the most fun playing with!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for playing and interesting characters. I am glad you enjoy my game.

Best wishes,

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Gambetti
Italy
Bolzano
flag msg tools
designer
And plastic for the Plastic Throne!
badge
Mentre su New York calavano le prime ombre della sera...
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard Launius wrote:
Thanks for playing and interesting characters. I am glad you enjoy my game.

Thank you for your comment, Richard: the more we play Defenders, the more we're enjoying it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.