Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Molloy
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule book states:

"You may add or remove Ships from Fleets before or after a Movement Command"

Does this mean to do this you have to issue a movement command even if perhaps both the fleet and the extra ships may not be moving.

i.e you just built ships in an area where there is a fleet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this passage in the rules is a bit weird indeed.

GF9 answered it in another thread that you are free to add ships without spending a command or build them directly to the fleet if in a system where you can build ships.

the only restrictions being it must be on your turn and not during an ongoing move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
You can add ships to a fleet or disband a fleet at any time, except during a fleets move action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Molloy
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the update.

Makes a bit more sense that way

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I didn't quite realize during my demo that you could add ships to a fleet at any time, but I see that confirmed here:
Re: Rulebook Questions

I guess what was emphasized that I'm remembering was to FORM a new fleet you needed to spend a command, unless you build 3 or more ships and then you could form a fleet immediately for free as part of that same build command. (pg 8)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Almond
United Kingdom
Nelson
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Although not stated.

I suspect it'll be likely that you can't move ships into/out of a fleet during combat, or outside of your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel DiGiorgio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darkmancer wrote:
Although not stated.

I suspect it'll be likely that you can't move ships into/out of a fleet during combat, or outside of your turn.

so to clarify this, because it was a big contention inn our group....

If you have a fleet nowhere near a starbase or home world, on your building phase, can you add to that fleet? I am pretty sure you can, but I want to clarify this specifically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bunkator wrote:
Darkmancer wrote:
Although not stated.

so to clarify this, because it was a big contention inn our group....

If you have a fleet nowhere near a starbase or home world, on your building phase, can you add to that fleet? I am pretty sure you can, but I want to clarify this specifically.

No. How could you do that? You have to build at home or your starbase. When they say you can add ships to a fleet at any time, I take that to mean during your turn if the ship and fleet are in the same sector.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Groesbeck
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got a related question.

I know if you are building ships you can form them into a fleet for "free", aka without spending a command. But can this only be done if you are building 3+ ships?

What I mean is suppose you have two ships already built in a system with a starbase and you build one new ship. Can you form the three ships (two old and one new) into a fleet for "free" at the time the one new ship is built?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Horvat
Croatia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No.

You must build 3 shipt at once in that sistem without command token

But you can then add your existing ships in the sistem for free to have a fleet of 5 ships. 3 built-commision a fleet-add 2 existing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.