Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An easy-to-implement mechanism for randomizing the Doom Track...

After selecting an Ancient One, make a pool of tokens representing its Doom Track. Use tokens of the same size/shape/consistency, but different colors/markings, for the various Doom Track symbols (Monsters, Hooded Figure, Gate, Storm...).

These tokens replace the Doom Track. Mix them up and place them in a cup/bag/whatever.

When advancing Doom, draw one token and apply its effect, if any. Place these drawn tokens aside in the same order they were drawn so that...

When retreating doom, place the most-recently-drawn token back in the bag/cup.

If your tokens are small enough, place them in the next slot on the AO's Doom Track, else place them to them out of the way, visible to all players. Optionally, use a pawn or token on the AO sheet's Doom Track to keep track of how many tokens are left in the bag/cup. If your tokens are too large to be used on the AO record sheet, you can also use the first-drawn Doom Token on the AO sheet to keep track of how many Doom Track slots have been used, and keep the rest placed to the side in the order they were drawn.

Optionally, customize your AO by modifying the token mixture to your tastes, adding, removing, or swapping out tokens.

Plain plastic tokens (available cheaply in bags of 50 to 100) work perfectly for this purpose.

Happy Signing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I like that! Have you tried it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nerman8r wrote:
I like that! Have you tried it?

i was just winding up my last game when the idea came, so no, i haven't yet tried it :/. i can see no reason that it "shouldn't work," though - the balance is kept, just the distribution has been randomized. i will, in any case, try it out the next time i sit down for a game. Just last week, incidentally, i got some big bags of plastic chips in various colors, so i'm all set to try it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.