Gilbert Collins
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
On page 20 of the ‘Shipwreck’ rules the modifiers to the ‘localizing contacts’ seem out of whack.

I understand that the initial detection rolls all require ‘3’ or ‘less’ and the two modifiers there make perfect sense. But, the localizing modifiers don’t seem to make any logical sense. Especially the one that indicates a +3 IF the contact was localized before. Why would the searcher be punished by adding ‘3’ to his dice roll because he did find the contact before???

Also, why would he be punished again if the submarine is above the thermocline?

These rules read very well for modern naval combat but these modifiers are an enigma to me. Can somebody please explain this or have I missed something?

Sincerely,

Gilbert Collins

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renny Borthwick
United Kingdom
Newcastle
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I just think the "+1" or "+2" should actually be "-1" and "-2" and applied to the dice roll. Or the modifiers are to the detection chance rather than the dice - increasing the standard "3 or below" to a "4 or below" etc.

I've just got back into Shipwreck after a few years and think it's a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.