Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Moore
United States
Oak Ridge
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The more the merrier, it seems. But how well does this play with 2 players? My wife and I only get games that we can play just the two of us, and possibly more so I can play with other friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
The Fog of War! Available now!
badge
Ludology Host and Dice Tower Contributor
mbmbmbmbmb
I play 2-player all the time, and it works great. I recently did a 2-player pirate battle, with 4 characters on each side, and it was a blast.

I suggest controlling two characters each initially, until you feel comfortable, and then moving up to three or four if you want.

With two players it's much less chaotic, and more strategic, especially once you learn how to combo your characters together. So if you want more chaos go with more players.

I'm interested to hear how other folks feel about the two player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Moore
United States
Oak Ridge
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about 2p with just 1 character each?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
The Fog of War! Available now!
badge
Ludology Host and Dice Tower Contributor
mbmbmbmbmb
belibutn wrote:
What about 2p with just 1 character each?

We never tried it. I wouldn't recommend it, as the board will be too sparse, and it gets harder to land attacks without more targets, but I guess it's possible it would be fun.

We've given tons of demos to new players and controlling two characters has never been an issue. A lot of people prefer it over just controlling a single character, actually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Moore
United States
Oak Ridge
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, thanks for the replies Geoff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.