Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Smith
United States
Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After the final round of the game, players may convert remaining plants to greenery tiles in player order. My question is, if a player has enough remaining plants to place multiple greenery tiles, when it's his turn does he convert all available plants and place all gained tiles at the same time, or does he only spend 8 plants and place 1 tile, then play moves to the next player, going around the table multiple times if necessary until all sets of 8 plants have been spent?

If a player converts all his plants to tiles at the same time, being earlier in the player order on the last round could be a big advantage if you have a large plant production value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
After the final round of the game, players may convert remaining plants to greenery tiles in player order. My question is, if a player has enough remaining plants to place multiple greenery tiles, when it's his turn does he convert all available plants and place all gained tiles at the same time, or does he only spend 8 plants and place 1 tile, then play moves to the next player, going around the table multiple times if necessary until all sets of 8 plants have been spent?

If a player converts all his plants to tiles at the same time, being earlier in the player order on the last round could be a big advantage if you have a large plant production value.

The player may do as much converting as possible. So, if you for example have 14 plant Resources, you can start by converting 8 of them into a greenery tile. If you Place that tile on an area with 2 plant as placement bonus, you now have 8 plant and can get yet Another greenery tile. Then the next player may convert.
Placing these greenery tiles is normally not controversial - you just place them where you get most points without giving away too much to the other players. Who goes first shouldn't affect this much since the players usually don't compete for good places here (placing cities would be very critical to turn order, but this is greenery tiles). Furthermore, oxygen is already maxed out, so no player gets any TR for this placement either.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sport Botaniker
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi

is this multiple actioning also possible during game play ?

Example... Production of 9 plants/ generation and 9 in stock pile.
Round 1 : I have two great cards, I buy both and put down them in my deck.
These cards are giving me 4 Plants into stock.
Stock Pile 13 Plants
Production Round 2 = +9 Plants = Stock Pile 22 Plants.

Is following possible :
1st action : place greenery of homeboard - pay 16 plants for 2 Greenery. Placing greenery onto Mars. Get 2 Plants Bonus.
Stock : 6 plants+2 Bonus = 8 Plants.
2nd action . place greenery of homeboard - pay 8 plants for 1 greenery.

In rules I did not find an expression saying you can switch 8->1 exactly once per selection of this action.

By the way same applies to the standard action.
If having 46 credits can I do 1st action and immediately purchse 2 greenery ?

Same applies to heating and other standard expenses.

Thanks for help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spobo77 wrote:
Hi

Stock Pile 13 Plants

Is following possible :
1st action : place greenery of homeboard - pay 16 plants for 2 Greenery. Placing greenery onto Mars. Get 2 Plants Bonus.

In rules I did not find an expression saying you can switch 8->1 exactly once per selection of this action.

Thanks for help.

Each conversion of eight plants to one greenery tile is one action, so you cannot do what you suggest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Mrochuk
msg tools
So, at the end of the game, if you were to have 32 plants, could you place 4 greenery tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Baydon wrote:
So, at the end of the game, if you were to have 32 plants, could you place 4 greenery tiles?

Yes

Sebastian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MDJD wrote:
spobo77 wrote:
Hi

Stock Pile 13 Plants

Is following possible :

Thanks for help.

Each conversion of eight plants to one greenery tile is one action, so you cannot do what you suggest.

But you can do it next turn within the same generation beforenext production, as you have unlimited actions per generation, just limited one or two at each time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.