Mythe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Distribution of cards to other players during the give cards step rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
First Last
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Just wondering what the original intent was at this point in the game. We have been playing that the player can choose who gets the selected cards, so the player could give all the cards to one other player or distribute them however he or she wants, knowing what cards go where.

However, I realized that the intent might have been to distribute the selected cards in the same way as the set-up of the game, giving them randomly, one to each player clockwise around the table.

The way we have been playing makes it difficult in a three-player game for the person in the lead to win. When one player is next to the dragon the other players keep the obstacle and zero point cards, give the lead player all the point cards which makes it impossible for the lead player to win. We have yet to try the variant rule where only the selected cards in a round can be distributed.

Next few games I'll try the variant rule and the random distribution rule, and see which ones my daughters prefer. We are all really enjoying the game, and just want to have a smoother finish.

Cheers,
Ice Weasel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Chen
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The variant rule seems to allow players to keep some agency, providing some control over where cards go, as well as knowledge of where the useful cards remain, while not allowing the game state to degenerate when players stack the decks as you mentioned.

Fully random wasn't intended, but that emphasizes a purer push-your-luck game, if that's what you prefer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Bosss
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I played the edition of ludicreations. We were 3 players and played by the normal rules. either we made a mistake or the game is broken:

Following situation: i got all the good cards, so the 3,2 and 1's. So i draw a bad card. I gave all the good cards to the next player. So this one couldn't advance as well because all the good cards were in his hands... and he did the same. thats why we stopped. Did we do a mistake?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
First Last
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Nope, you were playing by the rules as written. It works better to play with the "variant" rules where you give only the cards drawn in the round to other players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.