Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
I know that this tool is primarily for printing cards. But is it possible (and if so how hard would it be) to print a one-page (8.5 x 11) summary that includes key data and a picture of the game?

Am interested in something that would (optionally) print:
0. Date Summary page was printed (in tiny font somewhere unobtrusive)
1. Picture (boxtop cover of the specific version being printed)
2. Title
3. Year Published (both the original year published and the year that the specific version being printed was published (see Version below).
4. Current Rank (and date of ranking if not covered by the Date Printed above)
5. Current Rating (color coding based on user-defined range and date of rating - maybe also # of ratings and std deviation?)
6. Best with Players value
7. Supports # players range
8. Duration
9. Whether it is an expansion (or not)
10. Whether it re-implements a previous title (and what that was)
11. Whether it is re-implemented by a subsequent title (and what that is)
12. Weight (aka complexity rating)
13. Overall Rank
14. Rank in the Strategy category
15. My rating
16. Game Description (Probably also need More Information since that is where the components are frequently detailed)
17. Mechanics
18. Categories
19. # For Trade
20. # Wanted in Trade
21. # Wishlist ( 1 - 4 )
22. Publisher
23. Designer
24. Artist
25. User data:
A. The specific version data (including picture above - this would also include the notes where differences between versions are summarized)
B. Indicator for which of the following boxes are checked: Own, Prev Own, For Trade, Want To Play, Want in Trade, Want to Buy, Wishlist (and which level on the Wishlist)
C. Date acquired
D. Acquired From
E. Private Comment (maybe make this optional even if all the rest is not optional)?

Again, would like to print an 8.5 X 11 size (although probably also good to have an option to print 5 X 8 as an alternative).

Appreciate any advice/assistance that you can provide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
You should be able to, but you would have to create your own custom script.

I think there is already a script that does half page descriptions for a notebook. You could take that and increase the page size, while moving things around.

Basically, it involves:
* Getting a script you like to work as shown.
* Getting your data verified that it works.
* Creating a temporary data file that is just one game.
* Then many, many versions of the file as you move things around, test it, test it, test it, and create what you want.
* Don't be shy and play with your own version of the script.
* Realize you will run into some odd thing not working and will have to figure out or puzzle out in the instructions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.