Brian Croxall
United States
Barrington
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
www.profhacker.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I played this expansion for the first time last night. I summoned Io's Minion, which meant I couldn't gain any crystals. That was fine, because I planned to just pay the one Air and pass it to her.

When I went to pass it to her, we realized that she didn't have space for another card on her summoning track. For example, she had eight on the track and eight cards out. If I had passed it to her, that would have meant she had nine cards, which is clearly not allowed. We were unclear if this meant:

A) I could not pass her the card
B) I could pass her the card but she would have to discard/take back one of her power cards

The A) outcome seems to be a good defense against Io's Minion, but it also makes it very difficult to pass the card in many games as people are struggling enough as it is to boost the summoning track. The B) outcome seems more logical, in a way, but it also seems very harsh.

I checked the rules and the Rules Forum here, and couldn't find any clarification about this situation. How are others playing this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't summon a card when at your summoning limit. You can pass cards however. It's something mean that you can do. Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Croxall
United States
Barrington
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
www.profhacker.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eeeville wrote:
You can't summon a card when at your summoning limit. You can pass cards however. It's something mean that you can do. Have fun!

Thanks for this. To clarify, you're saying you can't summon when at your summoning limit but you can receive cards from others?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes sir.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.