Popular Tags: OP_Deleted [+] [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anovoa wrote:
Sorry for any cross-posting, but I couldn't find this question anywhere.

So, from my understanding, when a tile has x meeples on it (i.e. it is being "produced"), players need to follow the same-colour rule to bid for that tile.

However, the contrary is not true. That is, when someone bids for a tile, the first player who wants to "produce" there does not need to follow same-colour rule.

Is this correct?

I'm a little rusty, but I do believe this is true. Bid and Use are separate, though they both follow the rule that -- for their respective domains -- the colors must be consistent.

So I believe it is possible to have blue meeples in a bidding war for Tile X, but yellow meeples on the very same tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
anovoa wrote:

So, from my understanding, when a tile has x meeples on it (i.e. it is being "produced"), players need to follow the same-colour rule to bid for that tile.

However, the contrary is not true. That is, when someone bids for a tile, the first player who wants to "produce" there does not need to follow same-colour rule.

Is this correct?

I'm a little rusty, but I do believe this is true. Bid and Use are separate, though they both follow the rule that -- for their respective domains -- the colors must be consistent.

So I believe it is possible to have blue meeples in a bidding war for Tile X, but yellow meeples on the very same tile.

Incorrect. If bidding uses a certain color, so must production and vice versa. Some complications in place given the boats which allow players to ignore this rule in some situations, but this is the base rule.

I believe the original poster noticed this in the rules and tried to delete the thread before it caused any confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Anarchosyn wrote:
anovoa wrote:

Is this correct?

Incorrect. Under Bidding it says

Quote:
All workers used in bidding for a tile must be of the same colour as any other workers surrounding the tile (as part of a bid) or on the tile (which have been placed to use that tile).

and then under Production it says
Quote:

If the tile is a tile from the current season and is therefore also being bid for, then the worker placed on the tile must be the same colour as any worker that has already been used to bid for the tile, if applicable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan Blum is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.