Brian Mayer
United States
Perry
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I use her to steal a card, leaving only a wild. Does that wild still remain the number it was associated with or does it open up again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
s dog
msg tools
bmayer wrote:
If I use her to steal a card, leaving only a wild. Does that wild still remain the number it was associated with or does it open up again?
That's a pretty good question. In my opinion I think that wild opens up again (i.e. to be associated with a different current clue you have down, or used later to start a new clue.)
___

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bmayer wrote:

You can't steal a wild card or a hidden card
Page 5 of the rulebook under Irene's details

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
s dog
msg tools
belial1134 wrote:
bmayer wrote:

The OP is NOT talking about stealing hidden clues. He is stating that player A uses Irene to steal a face-up clue that also happens to have a wild associated with it. When the face-up clue is stolen, player B is left with a wild card that is not associated with any clue.

I think in this case player B should treat the wild card as if it were just obtained (and hence can be associated with a current clue, or used to start a new clue).
___

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
Perry
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, the wild card is left over. We treated it like it was a free wild card that can be used again. Just curious for an official ruling,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
svgarcia wrote:
belial1134 wrote:
bmayer wrote:

The OP is NOT talking about stealing hidden clues. He is stating that player A uses Irene to steal a face-up clue that also happens to have a wild associated with it. When the face-up clue is stolen, player B is left with a wild card that is not associated with any clue.

I think in this case player B should treat the wild card as if it were just obtained (and hence can be associated with a current clue, or used to start a new clue).
___

Ah, I follow now. Somehow my brain didn't process it right the first time

Yah, that is a good question. Both the designer and the artist (he's answered some rules questions before) are active on here. Anyone sent them a PM yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Soto
Spain
Santander
Cantabria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.pedrosoto.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I'm Pedro, the artist of the game.

Yes, the wildcard is open and free to place another clue number.

My favorite maneuver of the game is the "Crazy Irene" maneuver ;D

If you are the second player (you have the last action)and you see that the opponent has left one clue card with a wildcard, you can use 7 glasses and steal the clue with your last meeple.

If the opponent, at the end of the game, can not assign a hidden clue to the wildcard, he will lose majority and -3 points for the lone wildcard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
randast wrote:

Yes, the wildcard is open and free to place another clue number.

So reassign it immediately? Or do you have the option of setting it aside and assigning it with a new clue number at a later time in the game (ie: the same options you have if you take a wild card from the visible row of clues)

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Martin

Palmer Rapids
Ontario
msg tools
mb
I believe the wild stays where it is. You can only assign new clues to it. The artist Pedro clears that up in his last paragraph,though his example was at the end of the game, but the same could be said at anytime during the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ProMartins wrote:
I believe the wild stays where it is. You can only assign new clues to it.

I believe that is correct...I meant to link this back when it was originally answered

Exposed wild card

belial1134 wrote:
randast wrote:
Hi.
A wildcard alone is a wildcard free (of freedom ).
You can assign later over the wildcard another type of clue of any number.

Any number later?

1) Usually when you get a wild card, you immediately assign it to a number you already have in front of you

or

2) you set it aside but then must add it to a new number you lay down after setting the wild card aside

So when a wild card is left by itself, does it fall under category 1 or 2?

Any number later sounds like you can assign it later to a number you already had down before it became wild but that's never an option normally.

randast wrote:
Option 2

So it basically is if you picked up a wild card and didn't assign it immediately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.