Popular Tags: [View All]
Laurence Cutner
Canada
Courtice
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A simple question that's been bugging me. If I activate a leader that can activate units adjacent and one of those units shares the hex with a leader, if a 'move' order is given, can that adjacent unit move ALONG with the leader in its hex. I know you cannot use a leader to activate another leader, but can this adjacent leader move along with the activated unit or does it stay behind?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Olesen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A Leader needs to be activated to move, and one Leader cannot activate another leader.

So: No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Felsher
United States
Rancho Palos Verdes
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As said, he can't be activated, so he can't move, but he still gives his "command" bonus to all units that share a hex with him, even if they move into his hex during their activation. Just thought I'd mention that as a rule easy to overlook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HEEREN Xavier
Belgium
Liège
Lièe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
truep wrote:
As said, he can't be activated, so he can't move, but he still gives his "command" bonus to all units that share a hex with him, even if they move into his hex during their activation. Just thought I'd mention that as a rule easy to overlook.

The example in the rulebook is really clear....

A moving unit enters in a hex with a leader receives directly the bonus leader..... but lost the bonus after he move out the hex...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurence Cutner
Canada
Courtice
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks folks - it does seem clear to me. Consider the actual battlefield issues though. A leader says, 'come on boys' and a squad moves forward, however a leader with them just lets them go and sits all alone now? I think we need some house rule here. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gautier

Rhinebeck
New York
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, why are you wasting the second leader by placing him by himself near a squad and another leader?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
lcutner wrote:
Thanks folks - it does seem clear to me. Consider the actual battlefield issues though. A leader says, 'come on boys' and a squad moves forward, however a leader with them just lets them go and sits all alone now? I think we need some house rule here. Thoughts?

No house rule required.

The General (you) needs to be trained not to setup such situations.

You're the leader who caused it to happen. So don't do it. Spread your leaders out first of all and always try to keep as many men under their control as you can. it's worked fine for over 10 years. Ain't broke, don't break it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
I mostly find it becomes an issue when a hero pops up or some battlefield promotion dude.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurence Cutner
Canada
Courtice
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually it's never an issue and, yes, I do know to spread them out! The Bitberg scenario seemed to cause a concern for the US - or so it seemed. Anyway, an easy question to solve. I, personally, wouldn't change a thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.