Popular Tags: [View All]
Janik L
Canada
Candiac
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey people,

So the Shoggoth was siting in the Library which was adjacent to the Master bedroom but both tiles were separated by a wall (not a door).

What you guys think? Does that mean that the Shoggoth actually smashes open the wall and ends up in the Master bedroom? Or does it have to use a door which was in the opposite direction and then turn around and move toward the Master bedroom?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GodSpeed_CDN wrote:
Hey people,

So the Shoggoth was siting in the Library which was adjacent to the Master bedroom but both tiles were separated by a wall (not a door).

What you guys think? Does that mean that the Shoggoth actually smashes open the wall and ends up in the Master bedroom? Or does it have to use a door which was in the opposite direction and then turn around and move toward the Master bedroom?

Thanks!

I'd say it should use the door, and move two spaces along a legitimate pathway towards the master bedroom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Watson
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Cantor
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HisDivineShadow wrote:
I agree.

Yes, Shoggoths are polite that way, excellent houseguests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janik L
Canada
Candiac
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Haha that's how we played it but wasn't so sure.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasquale Cirone
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say it uses the door unless there are special instructions given on the under side of the monster tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Velox
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
The monsters follow the exact same rules that the investigators do; they follow the best legal path. So unless you had the ghost, which can move through walls, the shogoth would go through the door and down the quickest path to the bedroom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
California
flag msg tools
This does raise the question of how a Shoggoth, or a Star Spawn, or a Dark Young, or the Dunwich Horror, could possibly fit through a door, since they are bigger than some of the rooms on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
CastroMax wrote:
This does raise the question of how a Shoggoth, or a Star Spawn, or a Dark Young, or the Dunwich Horror, could possibly fit through a door, since they are bigger than some of the rooms on the board.

Well, a shoggoth has a malleable shape so it could do it.

The others... well, have you ever seen rodents squeeze through impossibly small spaces? Or image that they haven't squeezed through the door, they've crashed through taking down plaster and timber as they do.

But yes, some of the monsters are too large to properly be thematically appropriate for an indoor setting without making imaginative allowances like the above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Harlan

Oregon
msg tools
mb
High Flying Bird wrote:
CastroMax wrote:

Well, a shoggoth has a malleable shape so it could do it.

The others... well, have you ever seen rodents squeeze through impossibly small spaces? Or image that they haven't squeezed through the door, they've crashed through taking down plaster and timber as they do.

But yes, some of the monsters are too large to properly be thematically appropriate for an indoor setting without making imaginative allowances like the above.

This is why I've chosen to model little backpacks full of doors on all of my large monsters; as well as painting on carpenter's toolbelts. I figure the star spawn Kool-Aid Mans his way through the door, then hangs a replacement. He's really bad about shimming them, so they always swing open after that, but I respect t the effort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.