8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Spam

Subject: Abusive behaviour on kickstarter... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oblivion Doll
New Zealand
flag msg tools
So, "the troll" has decided to begin targeting backers of the Mech Command RTS project and use their name and likeness in his abusive crusade against the project. I've been targeted by this personally, and am not at all amused by this turn of events.

In a few hours, I will be contacting local authorities regarding the problem, as it fits the necessary requirements to be treated as identity theft.

In the meantime, I'd like to ask that anyone legitimately interested in this project support those of us being targeted by reporting these false accounts to Kickstarter via the support link.

I haven't found a direct link to the contact feature, so if someone has one, that would be appreciated. In the meantime, I click "support", then the link for "multiple accounts". On that page, there's a button for contacting KS support for further assistance. I've been posting the links for the false user accounts, and have advised Kickstarter that I'll be reporting this to the police later today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you give us a list of these accounts to make it easier to report?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oblivion Doll
New Zealand
flag msg tools
https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/1174682664

Fake account for Michael Pederson. Has the real account's name and picture, and presumably other publicly-available information.

https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/1140186069

Fake of my account, with visible details, including picture, matching my real account (but not backing the same projects as the real me).

The formatting of the troll's posts is pretty distinctive and doesn't match up with the readily-available comments from the real versions of the people in question. If you're following the project on KS, it'll be very visible when it happens.

In both cases, the accounts have already been removed as backers on the project, and the messages posted by the troll accounts have been removed, but the accounts (and their removed messages) retain the name, image and personal details of the real account.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oblivion Doll
New Zealand
flag msg tools
And a new one:
https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/2124972471

Kyle Salisbury.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bailey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trent, (I'm assuming it's him) I think you need to give it a rest dude.

I'm disappointed with the campaign too, but this is not the appropriate way to handle these emotions. First of all, you are going to get yourself in trouble. Second of all, you aren't the police of the world - if this kickstarter doesn't deliver, then it's not your responsibility to have been the watchdog. It's most likely that you are angry and want to see the project fail.... but it won't at this point. You are going to get yourself in serious trouble. Honestly dude, take a break from the internet for a few days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Oh, alright - except for Codenames
badge
No, this is NOT my bloody "fursona"
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. Let's be honest - Bad Crow should have cancelled the project at least a week ago so they could get their ducks in a line and start again in a month or two with the interest still there - but there's no call for cyberstalking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Triest
Australia
Inner West Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why post this garbage here on this site. Get a life...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Antagonistic, insulting, or otherwise disruptive comments ARE NOT welcome here.

Please use the icon when you see disruptive or antagonistic comments or any other violations of the Community Rules. This serves two purposes:

1- using the icon will bring that post to the attention of forum moderators so they can deal with it appropriately. We prefer that you not respond to the post directly. Responding invites the offender to continue, and if you respond aggressively you may end up dragging yourself down with the offender.

2- if enough users flag a post using the icon then that post will be hidden from general view, preventing others from being exposed to it.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.