$30.00
Marc Gacy
United States
Lafayette
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a simple variant (almost purely for fun's sake, especially considering I haven't tried it yet).

Did you ever have a well-meaning family member give you LCR https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/3522/lcr as a game for your birthday or Christmas?
You wondered what to do with this 'game' that has absolutely no decisions involved with it. I have the answer!

Any time you turn in an "Order N units X" you can choose to roll n-1 LCR dice to at least eke out a little random command. The L, C and R refer to a single order in the given section, and the black dots indicate no effect. [For those who don't know, in LCR, you get three identical dice, each with the facings L,C,R,dot,dot,dot]

For example you don't have anybody on the left flank so you turn in a "Order 3 units left card" and say you want to roll the dice. You roll two LCR dice and get a dot and an R. The dot is nothing, but with the R you can command 1 unit right.

For inspired leadership, you can choose to roll 1 die instead of the listed section. You can then use inspired leadership on whatever section comes up.

I would not suggest this as a necessary add-on, but it may be fun (and I don't think it is game breaking at all, due to the dice having no effect at least 50% of the time).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
amg100 wrote:
Here's a simple variant (almost purely for fun's sake, especially considering I haven't tried it yet).

Did you ever have a well-meaning family member give you LCR https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/3522/lcr as a game for your birthday or Christmas?
You wondered what to do with this 'game' that has absolutely no decisions involved with it. I have the answer!

Any time you turn in an "Order N units X" you can choose to roll n-1 LCR dice to at least eke out a little random command. The L, C and R refer to a single order in the given section, and the black dots indicate no effect. [For those who don't know, in LCR, you get three identical dice, each with the facings L,C,R,dot,dot,dot]

For example you don't have anybody on the left flank so you turn in a "Order 3 units left card" and say you want to roll the dice. You roll two LCR dice and get a dot and an R. The dot is nothing, but with the R you can command 1 unit right.

For inspired leadership, you can choose to roll 1 die instead of the listed section. You can then use inspired leadership on whatever section comes up.

I would not suggest this as a necessary add-on, but it may be fun (and I don't think it is game breaking at all, due to the dice having no effect at least 50% of the time).

I like it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald G
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the suggestion---would work well in Memoir 44 too-- my favorite.

P.S. Like the little Avatar Lewis. Just don't light the cigar!!! LOL

Don
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Gacy
United States
Lafayette
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ArchNME wrote:
I like the suggestion---would work well in Memoir 44 too-- my favorite.

Since people often comment that they are more likely to draw dead cards in M'44, it might work even better there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bermondsey Battler
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Commands and Colors: Monopoly...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Gacy
United States
Lafayette
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
battler44 wrote:
Commands and Colors: Monopoly...

That might take a little more thought!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.