Felix Lahaye
United States
West Hollywood
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi All,

So we have played through July.

The thing is there is a consistent objective of getting 6 military bases, and there is an end-game upgrade of placing up to two military bases.

So we are now starting with 4 military bases every turn, and only need to build 2 a game (piece of cake) to get a free objective. We could even just do the upgrade once more and get that bonus objective every single time.

What are your thoughts on this? This seems broken. Or (while limiting spoilers) is the game going to adjust for this?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
The game changes constantly, so it will adjust. In the meantime, enjoy your easy objective!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You as a team get to pick where you put your energies, so if you choose to make 6 starting military bases, you are forgoing other upgrades.

How overpowered it is, depends on how many of your people can fly between them, so I don't think it's too overpowered, as a lot of times only one or two people can use them as a means of moving around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainHook wrote:
Hi All,

The thing is there is a consistent objective of getting 6 military bases, and there is an end-game upgrade of placing up to two military bases.

So we are now starting with 4 military bases every turn, and only need to build 2 a game (piece of cake) to get a free objective. We could even just do the upgrade once more and get that bonus objective every single time.

What are your thoughts on this? This seems broken. Or (while limiting spoilers) is the game going to adjust for this?

Thanks!

I believe the end game upgrade only lets you place a single permanent military base. Not two. The same as for research stations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vasher wrote:
CaptainHook wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks!

I believe the end game upgrade only lets you place a single permanent military base. Not two. The same as for research stations.

This is true. However, you get two end-game upgrades per game, so you only need to devote one more game's upgrades to go from 4 to 6.

Also (end of July spoilers):
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The July game win bonus is a permanent military base anywhere in the world at the start of each game played in August
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
It's not broken.

It's up to you to decide how powerful it is compared with the many other options available to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.