$20.00
Eric Lustenberger
United States
Lowell
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
The power of customization!
badge
Lelouch vi Britannia commands you... All of you... To play more games!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone,

I backed black plague last year at the knight level. I received the base game in December. I had planned on moving so I contacted CMON on March 4 to change my address since it was expected wave 2 would arrive in June. Well, things didn't pan out so I contacted them again on May 17 and asked them to revert to my old address. All should have been fine.

Well, the package was sent out on June 26 and it was sent to the address I was going to move to. They didn't revert it as I asked, even though they confirmed they did over the phone and marked my help desk ticket as resolved. I called them and they stated they "could do nothing until the package was returned by that address."

The package has not been returned. I've sent a letter tot that address asking them. I have no contact with anyone at that address any longer.

The worst part? I have been emailing and calling CMON and they wont help me at all. They erroneously sent the wave 2 package to the wrong address and are flat out ignoring me. I don't really know what to do anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cant you simply go to that address and ask around?
or check with the courier who received/signed for the package? they shouldnt have delivered it if they didnt find your name at the address.

didnt the packages get packed in china? so if the address was wrong at that time before tou had it chnaged and later on it was underway on the ship, they couldnt change the address on it while in transit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lustenberger
United States
Lowell
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
The power of customization!
badge
Lelouch vi Britannia commands you... All of you... To play more games!
mbmbmbmbmb
The address is several states away unfortunately so I can't just take a trip down there and ask personally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you try to contact FedEx right away? That's your best course of action out of the gate - as soon as you see the package land at the wrong address. I signed up for FedEx notifications for reasons exactly like this.

Other than that, you're sadly screwed right now. Keep trying to contact someone at CMON and plead your case again.

I've had many packages misdelivered by all carriers and have only ever had it fixed (correctly retrieved and delivered) maybe a couple times. If something is misdelivered, it's usually lost. It's not like they (FedEx, UPS or USPS) can go to the house and ask for the item back - they don't have any power once the box is in someone's house.

EDIT: They were recently at GenCon so hopefully they are getting back on track answering emails and such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M H
msg tools
How did you contact them the second time? If by email, they likely didn't get it in time. Contacting one month or less from the arrival would not have been enough time to have it changed. The shipping labels were very likely already created and waiting.

I don't know if it's because you saw the update, but May 17 was the exact day they also said everything was on a boat headed to their final destinations. Sorry, but you might unfortunately be out of luck unless they come back and decide to make an exception. The amount of people who would take advantage of the "I moved just before the shipping" in order to get another box I would think would be fairly substantial for a big ticket item like this. I highly doubt it's SOP to ship another set based on these circumstances.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll add that in addition to being busy with Gen Con, they are also knee deep fulfilling another Kickstarter at the moment. Which usually entails an avalanche of emails asking for tracking numbers. So if you haven't heard from them, this is why.

And to anyone else, get an email confirmation after a phone call. By May 17th, pledges were on a boat. CMON has said in the past that they can not change shipping address' once their on the boat (logistics).

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to be a stickler but I think CMoN should stick to their guns when they say "no address changes after x". I see quite a number of people complaining about an address change, wanting CMoN to make changes beyond the agreed cut-off date.

You just need to give a stable address (eg. work or parents), and if that's not an option, well, it's your money.

I do appreciate that delivery times vary wildly with KS, so if a stable address isn't on the cards I'd be skipping KS altogether.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Aldrich
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea they can't change the address once the items leave China. All pledges were packed there and sent to our home addresses from there. CMON did this to speed up the delivery times, and it has helped immensely. I'm surprised they agreed to the change of address so late.

Unfortunately this isn't CMON's problem from a legal standpoint. You had them change you address and then tried to change it back after all packages were enroute (too late by then). I'm assuming the person at the new address wasn't honest and either kept or sold your set on ebay. They mailed it to where you asked them to and the legal responsibility is out of their hands once a person takes custody of the package (it is a theft now if someone is intentionally depriving you of your property... and they obviously know it isn't theirs if your name was on the package).

This is why when I planned ahead when pledging for kickstarters in 2011, as I knew I was moving in the next year. If you ever are in a transition period again, have any future kickstarters delivered to either a rented PO box or a relative's residence.

Sorry bud. Good news is a knight pledge can be had on ebay for fairly cheap compared to past seasons of zombicide. You could always call the local law enforcement agency for that residence and report the theft. They would then visit that address and look into who was living there when it was delivered, etc. If they can establish pc for a theft, you could get restitution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:
Not to be a stickler but I think CMoN should stick to their guns when they say "no address changes after x". I see quite a number of people complaining about an address change, wanting CMoN to make changes beyond the agreed cut-off date.

You just need to give a stable address (eg. work or parents), and if that's not an option, well, it's your money.

I do appreciate that delivery times vary wildly with KS, so if a stable address isn't on the cards I'd be skipping KS altogether.

This sounds like the moral of the story. Hopefully that other address owns up and sends you your pledge -- it's on them now, it would seem. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M H
msg tools
Exo Desta wrote:
Geoff wrote:

This sounds like the moral of the story. Hopefully that other address owns up and sends you your pledge -- it's on them now, it would seem. soblue

The new owners probably have no clue where OP lives. The best they could do was a return to sender.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Police can't do anything about this. I wouldn't even try bothering them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M H
msg tools
VonMeister wrote:

"Did you receive a box from someone else?"

"No"

"Ok have a good day"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hoodwink99 wrote:
VonMeister wrote:

"Did you receive a box from someone else?"

"No"

"Ok have a good day"

Yep - that's about it. If even that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, sad to say I had cel art from Japan (so, one-of-a-kind) delivered to the wrong address. Required signature confirmation, so I hoped that would help. Nope. That just confirms that someone at the address signed for it. Zero legal recourse since it was technically delivered where it was sent. thumbsdown

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
japester1 wrote:
Yeah, sad to say I had cel art from Japan (so, one-of-a-kind) delivered to the wrong address. Required signature confirmation, so I hoped that would help. Nope. That just confirms that someone at the address signed for it. Zero legal recourse since it was technically delivered where it was sent. thumbsdown

This is why I say his only hope is that house manning up and sending him his pledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.