Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can I consume ressources later? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Harald Brunner
Austria
Steyr
flag msg tools
Do I have to consume the lonely fruit from the "Lonely Tree" expansion during the year I get it, or can I store it in the settlement storage and consume it, when I feel "ready"?
Same for any other Ressource, that can be used for some benefits (like shimmering mane or vermin).
I know you can't bring it to a future hunt, but can you use it later?
Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless it's specifically stated by the card, you can consume later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
harry87 wrote:
Do I have to consume the lonely fruit from the "Lonely Tree" expansion during the year I get it, or can I store it in the settlement storage and consume it, when I feel "ready"?
Same for any other Ressource, that can be used for some benefits (like shimmering mane or vermin).
I know you can't bring it to a future hunt, but can you use it later?
Cheers

I haven't yet played the lonely tree expansion in a campaign, so I'm not including anything about those rules.

Expansion-specific rules aside, you never have to consume anything unless directed to consume. Even the binge-eating disorder doesn't force you to immediately consume something when you acquire it...however, given the option to consume or not you must always attempt to consume with that disorder.

Other items like shimmering mane etc may be recorded and archived per the normal rules at the end of the settlement phase. They may be used in a subsequent settlement phase as if you held the card in your hand including the ability to archive the card for a special benefit.

Note that fresh acanthus is a resource, though, and may NOT be brought back out on a hunt once it reaches the settlement for the first time. Only dried acanthus may be brought from a settlement phase to a hunt as it has a gear grid card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Binge eating's actually pretty broad, it's "a choice to consume" which I would say certainly includes a rule that gives you a thing if you consume.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
spiralingcadaver wrote:
Binge eating's actually pretty broad, it's "a choice to consume" which I would say certainly includes a rule that gives you a thing if you consume.

I agree Nick.

Rainbow Droppings are one example where folks thought early on that if you receive them you must consume them if you have binge eating. However, simply receiving a consumable resource while having binge eating does not force you to consume. Only when a choice to consume or not is presented as part of the story, event, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh- is this official somewhere? It's definitely a more lenient ruling...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.