Subject: Cannibal Island Quick Session Summary rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tammy Sue
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My husband and I played a two-player game of Robinson Crusoe's fifth scenario, Cannibal Island, with each of us playing two characters. I played the cook and explorer, while my husband played the carpenter and soldier. As is usual in this game, we thought we were doing well in the first couple rounds...and then we got slammed. The event card "The Island Rebels against You" appeared in the third round with its two book icons which meant the cannibals attacked us twice. To make matters worse, every time we tried gathering from another tile, we would exhaust the resource. From that point, we were playing a numbers game of resting and gathering food from the one remaining food source to survive.

In the sixth round, we got a card that placed the storm token in the weather field. Since we had a palisade level of zero, we decided there were several things we just needed to risk and get finished. The cook risked building the ballista (to increase both the palisade and weapon levels) and was successful with no wounds! Then, the soldier...of all people...attempted to build the dam. He was successful...but he died making it.

We probably should have explored more, but we were very afraid of getting attacked by cannibals and taking wounds. Oh well, that's just how this game goes which is part of what makes it fun. Better luck next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
서 보국
South Korea
flag msg tools
that event card...
i m not big fan of cannival scenario..both theme and difficulty.
anyway, if you try some different scenario, i recommend poachers and dr.livingston scenario.
poachers scenario like mixing of scenario 1(castaway) and scenario 6(robinson family).personally my fav fan scenario.
livingston,on the other hand, it has own little story book. there are multiple ending,so naturally you want try more

sorry for my bad english.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tammy Sue
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that event card is very brutal.

My husband and I are slowly working our way through each of the scenarios, so we will definitely take a look at some of the additional ones that are not in the box. One that we are looking forward to eventually trying is the recent one that turns the game into a competitive game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No Cat - No Cradle
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
ag4423677 wrote:
... i m not big fan of cannival scenario..

sorry for my bad english.

Wow - you created a portmanteau of cannibal and carnival...very appropriate. I like it!

zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.