Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the world of KS, why are pledge managers such a wild ride? I am a superbacker on KS and it seems that nearly everytime, there are issues with them (e.g. Poorly worded, buggy, incorrect calculations, non-matching selections, etc...)

How is this still happening so frequently?

For the love of god, Designers, KS starters, please proofread your pledge manager. Have a few friends and family attempt to navigate it. TEST it. Make sure it is idiot (or saturnkk) proof.

I do not need stress added to my life for something that should be simple and straight forward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
saturnkk wrote:
In the world of KS, why are pledge managers such a wild ride? I am a superbacker on KS and it seems that nearly everytime, there are issues with them (e.g. Poorly worded, buggy, incorrect calculations, non-matching selections, etc...)

For the love of god, Designers, KS starters, please proofread your pledge manager. Have a few friends and family attempt to navigate it. TEST it. Make sure it is idiot (or saturnkk) proof.

I do not need stress added to my life for something that should be simple and straight forward.

I don't know how many you have backed, but I've backed between 15 and 20 and never had issue with any of these things. So nearly every time seems like a stretch unless it's specifically the companies you're backing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Con
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
Penny of king Sigtrygg II Silkbeard of Dublin
mbmbmbmbmb
I back quite a few Kickstarters. I would say that there is almost always something non-intuitive in pledge managers that could be improved by better wording. Actual errors are much rarer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
negatrev wrote:
saturnkk wrote:

I don't know how many you have backed, but I've backed between 15 and 20 and never had issue with any of these things. So nearly every time seems like a stretch unless it's specifically the companies you're backing?

Over 120. Lots of issues. Lots of ambiguity. Seems very disconnected from all other "shopping" experiences online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
saturnkk wrote:
Seems very disconnected from all other "shopping" experiences online.

Given that KS is not shopping, that makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
saturnkk wrote:
Seems very disconnected from all other "shopping" experiences online.

Given that KS is not shopping, that makes sense.

The pledge manager is exactly like shopping, however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have so far participated in two Kickstarters with a pledge manager, and I must say that I like the simple Kickstarter survey much more (although I can see how that becomes annoying/ impossible if you have lots of add-ons).
I prefer the clean campaigns with one ot two pledge levels, maybe with a few add-ons where you just add the money to your pledge and then specify the add-on in the survey. Then there is one place where you have all your pledge information and your address, not several.

I am also always surprised how many people ask "Can I just pledge 1$ now und upgrade to the full pledge in the pledge manager?", even if the campaign page says nothing about a pledge manager or even states that there will be no add-ons.

Of course, this whole issue could be avoided and external pledge managers would become obsolete if Kickstarter itself provided a reasonable way of adding add-ons, just like they have now done with the shipping charges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gswp wrote:

Of course, this whole issue could be avoided and external pledge managers would become obsolete if Kickstarter itself provided a reasonable way of adding add-ons, just like they have now done with the shipping charges.

Bingo!

Consistency would be gained for certain. Think of how much easier eBay is because of PayPal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"She comes out of the Sun in a silk dress runnin' like a watercolor in the rain."
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
saturnkk wrote:

Doctor, it hurts when I do THIS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.