Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin West
United States
Woodford
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed at all in, so i have at least 6 or so from all the cons and cards for all of the characters and obv i can proxy.....

Butttttt i really like the tabletop and hate proxying lol. Is there a retail solution to getting the missing character s in plastic or a disatisfied backer who would be willing to part w this portion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chamberland
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried emailing Mecagon and asking if you can purchase an All Your Mercs set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
huh wha... wait...

So, if you get all the MODs and stretch goals, and bought the book and cards for all factions.... you/we still dont have all the dudes in each faction and STILL have to buy the faction boxes to get everything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin West
United States
Woodford
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curfew wrote:
huh wha... wait...

So, if you get all the MODs and stretch goals, and bought the book and cards for all factions.... you/we still dont have all the dudes in each faction and STILL have to buy the faction boxes to get everything?

there was an additional add-on during the post kickstarter phase where you could add more stuff including an all your mercs for 100(?)(i forget the exact details) but it was the remaining 4 or so minis per faction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin West
United States
Woodford
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
some factions are more fleshed out than others i think ccc, eu, uscr, kw, and kemvar have 8

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I saw a message on their website or FB page suggesting that singles are not available for sale but it's something they'll eventually do (no date provided). I'm speculating it's related to switching manufacturers and selling the current inventory of boxed factions.

As nice as it would be to have all the factions completed, as someone that has only played with 6 of the 1.0 KemVar, I'm currently feeling a bit overwhelmed with everything I now have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chamberland
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
js379 wrote:
westcl2 wrote:
Curfew wrote:
huh wha... wait...

there was an additional add-on during the post kickstarter phase where you could add more stuff including an all your mercs for 100(?)(i forget the exact details) but it was the remaining 4 or so minis per faction.

The all your mercs addon was a bit over 200 bucks, (230 I think but I'm not sure on that). The 100 buck add-on was for all the mission packs.

$220. If my count is correct, that's for 40 miniatures.

The 2.0 faction packs (10 miniatures, and the factions cards) were $35 at Gen Con. At OLGS prices that would be $273 for all 12 factions. Theoretically, the miniature quality will be better with the new manufacturer as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Derksen
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
designer
armoredgear7.net
badge
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster dockingbay416.com/campaign
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in the same sitution as the OP (except that I've been playing MERCS Tabletop since the beginning of 1.0), and I want to complete my armies without buying the starter boxes.

There's a thread discussing this on the MERCS forums, with some replies from MERCKenny:
http://megacongames.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1878/comple...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
flash7713
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

I'm in the same boat (I started that thread on the mercs forums). There was also some conflicting info on the Kickstarter page, where the creator account said singles will be available in 2 weeks?

"We'll sell single MERCS on our website after we've finished with the mini replacements. Two weeks?"

That was posted 4 days ago. So not sure where we currently stand...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cutthroat Cardboard (Barry)
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phantom Load wrote:

As nice as it would be to have all the factions completed, as someone that has only played with 6 of the 1.0 KemVar, I'm currently feeling a bit overwhelmed with everything I now have.

This made me smile. I didn't back the Kickstarter but post Gencon now have seven factions of five or six mini's and a nice shiny copy of the 2.0 book. Suddenly I have a crazy desire to catch own them all even although I know I'll mainly play Recon and most of the other mini's will barely see the table....

Hard to get away from that completist/collector vibe when you're a gamer

As an aside, having mainly played with EU and CCC, I was surprised and impressed by how much some of the factions changed the feel of Recon. Playing "Kid Gloves" with EIC was ....entertaining!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.