Hide
9 Posts

Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Prime Directive rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick LAROSA
msg tools
I understand the federation can't perform invasions or colonize civilizations. Does the colonization rule only apply to the civilization exploration cards? It looks like some of the discovery cards imply people are already on the system. In these cases is the federation restricted from colonizing them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Which player gets to decide whether the card implies it strongly enough?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick LAROSA
msg tools
It's my feeling that they are only restricted from colonizing systems that pull a civilization exploration card. But for instance in the rule book p15 "Children of Tama Negotiations" states you have to roll to colonize. Is the federation restricted from resolving this since The federation has contacted a new species on the system?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Prime Directive says the Federation cannot colonize "Pre-Warp Civilizations." Those are specific gold civilization cards. The blue discovery cards are not labeled "Pre-Warp Civilizations" so the Prime Directive does not apply to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
The only planets that the federation can't colonize are non-warp capable civilizations, which you can get when you draw exploration cards.

Pre-warp are the ones that you put resource tokens on instead of warp tokens.

Virgin worlds, warp capable civilizations, and the crisis and discovery card systems are fair game for colonization.

Cards like the children of Tama don't mean that there is a cilivilization on the planet, just that you encountered a group of people somewhere in the system, in orbit, or maybe a small colony or station.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo You cannot colonize Warp Capable Civilizations, as noted on Page 16 "Taking Control of Warp Capable Civilizations."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Almond
United Kingdom
Nelson
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmb
To be clear, Hegemony does not involve colonization.

Colonization is only involved in Virgin or pre-warp civilizations (or replacing a civ destroyed by invasion).

Federation:
Can colonize Virgin worlds

Can't do anything with pre-warp civs

Can't invade any pre warp/warp/other players worlds.

Can Hegemony warp capable and other player systems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Lastname
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Darkmancer wrote:
To be clear, Hegemony does not involve colonization.

Colonization is only involved in Virgin or pre-warp civilizations (or replacing a civ destroyed by invasion).

Federation:
Can colonize Virgin worlds

Can't do anything with pre-warp civs

Can't invade any pre warp/warp/other players worlds.

Can Hegemony warp capable and other player systems.

Came here to say this. Hegemony is just a new planet freely joining The Federation. That and colonizing virgin worlds is how they expand in the shows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's easier to say Federation can only:

A) Colonize virgin worlds (planets with no tokens on them)
B) Hegemony any world that qualifies for hegemony
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.