Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know how else these might become available aside from Gen Con?

BGG store perhaps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kendl
United States
Hartford
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sucks. I was at Gen Con but just found out about this. Really wish this is made available for people that didn't snag a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah Longwell
United States
Nashville
TENNESSEE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. I was at Gen Con but didn't know that this was available...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Groll
Germany
Marburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright alright, so there is a 6th color now. Ok, but what's the deal? I mean, don't get me wrong, the completionist in me would like to have it, too. But it does not add anything new to the gameplay. It just makes the game a bit longer and the scores can be higher now. Besides that, I really do not see the point of this promo pack. I wish they had spiced things up a bit (e.g. by adding a color with special powers one could activate by discarding these cards or one with a different scoring mechanism (e.g. based on how many cards with the same number of different suits you have)).
It feels like a missed opportunity

About the availability: I guess it will be available at the Spiel in Essen as well, maybe it will be (or even was) even a promo for the Spielbox magazine? It is about the right size for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wanjajoral wrote:
Alright alright, so there is a 6th color now. Ok, but what's the deal? I mean, don't get me wrong, the completionist in me would like to have it, too. But it does not add anything new to the gameplay. It just makes the game a bit longer and the scores can be higher now. Besides that, I really do not see the point of this promo pack. I wish they had spiced things up a bit (e.g. by adding a color with special powers one could activate by discarding these cards or one with a different scoring mechanism (e.g. based on how many cards with the same number of different suits you have)).

About the availability: I guess it will be available at the Spiel in Essen as well, maybe it will be (or even was) even a promo for the Spielbox magazine? It is about the right size for that.

I can't agree with this sentiment. Without playing it, I don't think you can state this with any certainty. Besides, the thread was about getting it, notg what it added.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rickert wrote:
Wanjajoral wrote:

I can't agree with this sentiment. Without playing it, I don't think you can state this with any certainty. Besides, the thread was about getting it, notg what it added.

Not sure how you can disagree. The description says it's just another color and that the rules for this color are the same as the other colors. It doesn't take a genius to understand what this does and does not add to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Morgan
United States
Sandusky
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
just hit the bgg store 10/22/16 $5
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence K
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have to admit this might be the last game in my collection that I expected to see an expansion for. That being said, ordered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
pfctsqr wrote:
rickert wrote:
Wanjajoral wrote:

Not sure how you can disagree. The description says it's just another color and that the rules for this color are the same as the other colors. It doesn't take a genius to understand what this does and does not add to the game.

I'm also thinking it will make it harder to get the cards/colors you want since the distribution is watered down. Not sure I want that frustration heightened... might work to bump the hand size up by 1.

Could always just replace one of the standard colors if you just want variety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Pi Radius³
United States
Lombard
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now.

http://boardgamegeekstore.com/products/lost-cities-sixth-exp...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So, I just bought Lost Cities on Amazon.

Is this promo worth it? I imagine they must have tested out 4,5,6 expeditions while developing the game, and settled on 5. So I wonder if the game may be better without it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Greenwood
United States
White Bear Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AbaO wrote:

Comes up "Page Not Found".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a spare sealed set for trade or sale

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.