Subject: [Cool Stuff Inc.] Pitchcar on sale for $55, plus expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Franzman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
Hey! You don't know where that cursor has been!
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like the current sale might be a good time to pick up PitchCar and expansions... Though I'm not sure what makes this game "Armed and Dangerous"?

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/page/2663&s=bg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Zube
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
"Something tells me I could easily beat those trained professionals."
badge
You were doing well until everyone died.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm always tempted to get these when they go on sale, but I definitely do not have space to play it at my current home, and the thought of it sitting in a closet at my parents' house for 3 years makes me think I am wasting my money. Then again, Crokinole and Catacombs are two of my favorite games, so why don't I have the other king of flicking games? Sigh...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yavorski
United States
Kannapolis
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm kind of in the same boat. I have the base game, the jump / tunnel and the cross already and I've only gotten to play with them less than a handful of times since the beginning of the year. I really want to "catch em all" but common sense is telling me that I'm not going to get to play them, so why burn the money on em. =/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw this earlier -- I was very tempted but figured I'd hold off as I have others to fill the void...

Formula D for the race vibe
Bisikle for the knockoff pitchcar feel
Tumbling Dice [the good Gryphon version] for that screwy dexterity game
Ascending Empires for that tactical flick'em game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Busch

Broomfield
Colorado
msg tools
mb
Contrary to the crazy extravagant setups at conventions, Pitchcar actually plays better on smaller, tight race courses that shouldn't be bigger than a 4'x 3' dining table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Beckley
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw this this morning, and it captured my imagination all day. About 5 years ago I got rid of Carabande and the Action set because I had no room for them and no real place to play. As of last month I'm in a new place with marginally more room for my games and a proper dining table. Plus, every games purchase is now also looked at as an investment that may pay off when my two year old son ages a bit more, and Pitchcar fits that bill rather nicely.

Still, it likely isn't the right time at the moment, but I'm curious: what are the normal CSI prices on the base and expansions? And does the game have a history of being OOP for long stretches (measured in years) when it is OOP? If this amounts to saving upwards of $50 or saving me from 4 years of waiting I may have to act irrationally.

Thanks to anyone with input!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald M.
United States
Sweet Grass
Montana
flag msg tools
Pitchcar tracks don't exactly fit smoothly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Left Hand Reviews
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Left Hand Reviews w/ Clawlan!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bokrug wrote:
Though I'm not sure what makes this game "Armed and Dangerous

I take it you've never played this with children before. I feel like I'm in a scene from the matrix dodging those things or swatting them down before they crash through grandma's urn or blind the dog.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KingD21 wrote:
I saw this earlier -- I was very tempted but figured I'd hold off as I have others to fill the void...

I have all four of those and three don't remotely scratch the same itch as PitchCar. The fourth (Bisikle) is fun enough for the change of pace but isn't even close to the massive hit PitchCar has been with every person I've played it with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Berg
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
You can count on me!
mbmbmbmbmb
KingD21 wrote:

You mean, Ascending Empires for the cosmic rifts that cause space ships to roll and tumble off into the abyss. Awesome game still though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bisikle/ Roadzters are the same concept as Pitchcar, but Ascending Empires is not even remotely the same. The only similarity is flicking wooden discs, but even that is totally different because in AE you're rarely flicking a disc more than a few inches.

When I first played AE, I was really annoyed by the board seams, but the more I played it, the more I found that they actually added to the fun. Cosmic rifts, indeed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cool User
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DJ Kuul A wrote:
...but even that is totally different because in AE you're rarely flicking a disc more than a few inches.

You've obviously never seen me play Pitchcar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.