Popular Tags: [View All]
GMT Games
United States
Hanford
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Bayonets & Tomahawks is now available for pre-order on GMT's P500 list. Here's the link:

Bayonets & Tomahawks P500 Page

Thanks for your orders and support!

Gene
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin F
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
French & Indian War game + Volko-approved design = Instant pre-order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Winslow
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news, Marc!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Rodrigue
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Justegarde wrote:
French & Indian War game + Volko-approved design = Instant pre-order.

Thanks Justin F!

I'll put more stuff on the page over the next few weeks.
Will be happy to answer questions here too.

Cheers

Marc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Canada
Candiac
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Over 300 preorders within a week. This is impressive!

Can't wait to see the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Inc.
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Stay weird, stranger.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!

This if the first game I've P500'ed.

Can I ask about the 'action cards' from this picture copied from the P500 page? Are these the supply tokens or something else? I didn't expect the Indians to have their own set.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Rodrigue
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Jared, thanks very much for your support and good words :-D

The 'cards' you see are the Action Tokens (aka supply tokens). There are no cards in that game. And yes, even though there is no Indian player, they have their own Action Token set.

Here's an answer I gave on Consimworld's B&T discussion thread regarding that topic:

"The Indians are a quasi faction: they have their own set of action tokens. (…) So even if the French player benefits from most of them, they are far from 'robots' at their service. It was really important for me to give them a powerful role in the game, although they are not a player."

Best

Marc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Cormode
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game looks really nice.

I love the time period so I've pre-ordered it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Will this be a true 4-player game? Or will it be mainly 2-player game but where you can divide up the duties for 4. For example, the game The Lamps Are Going Out says it plays up to 4, but really it's mainly for 2.

Also, what will be the complexity level? I see the dice and it reminds me of 1775 or 1812 from Academy Games. Will it be that light? (Which, I assume it won't, but the dice intrigue me a lot). Either way, this looks really interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Cormode
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
patton55 wrote:
Will this be a true 4-player game? Or will it be mainly 2-player game but where you can divide up the duties for 4. For example, the game The Lamps Are Going Out says it plays up to 4, but really it's mainly for 2.

Also, what will be the complexity level? I see the dice and it reminds me of 1775 or 1812 from Academy Games. Will it be that light? (Which, I assume it won't, but the dice intrigue me a lot). Either way, this looks really interesting.

Just so you know, Academy Games is also coming out with 1754, a game also focused on the French and Indian Wars. Same system as 1775 and 1812.

Glad to see this time period receiving so much attention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Rodrigue
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
patton55 wrote:

Hi Gordon,

It's basically a 2 player game with rules to divide duties between up to 2 players in each team (that's why I chose the term "adaptable to teamplay").

But the task division is done in a manner which reflects competition for resources between the Colonial/Canadien players and their metropolitan counterparts (French/British).

A lot is written about the clash between Montcalm and Vaudreuil's with their conflicting strategies. This is a fun way to simulate it :-)

patton55 wrote:

I love "1775" by Academy and played it many times. Bayonets & Tomahawks is much more realistic. In terms of complexity it falls between "1775" (and upcoming "Conquest") and Wilderness War. The best of both worlds in a way!

About the dice: they look simple but they're the tip of the iceberg of a full fledged Age of Reason battle system based on a thorough statistical compilation of ALL actions in the FIW. I'll write more later on that topic.

Cheers

Marc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
mrodrigue wrote:
patton55 wrote:

Hi Gordon,

It's basically a 2 player game with rules to divide duties between up to 2 players in each team (that's why I chose the term "adaptable to teamplay").

But the task division is done in a manner which reflects competition for resources between the Colonial/Canadien players and their metropolitan counterparts (French/British).

A lot is written about the clash between Montcalm and Vaudreuil's with their conflicting strategies. This is a fun way to simulate it :-)

patton55 wrote:

I love "1775" by Academy and played it many times. Bayonets & Tomahawks is much more realistic. In terms of complexity it falls between "1775" (and upcoming "Conquest") and Wilderness War. The best of both worlds in a way!

About the dice: they look simple but they're the tip of the iceberg of a full fledged Age of Reason battle system based on a thorough statistical compilation of ALL actions in the FIW. I'll write more later on that topic.

Cheers

Marc

This all sounds good. Keep the info coming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Rodrigue
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
patton55 wrote:

This all sounds good. Keep the info coming.

This morning, a new InsideGMT article about B&T about Action Tokens:
http://www.insidegmt.com/?p=12139

There will be articles every 2 weeks.

Marc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
There can be only one!
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the BGG expected playtime correct? 120–360 Min?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Rodrigue
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Hi EasyBreezy,

2h is for the simplest one year scenario. 6h would be for the full campaign (1755-59). With focused play and experienced players.

Final development playtest is currently under way and will confirm these values.

Marc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Rodrigue
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Yesterday's GMT update
For those who don't receive the GMT monthly update or who don't scroll all the way down, here's what I wrote about B&T in yesterday's update:

"I am thrilled by the enthusiastic response of the community: almost 400 orders in one month. During that period I have devoted efforts feeding BGG and B&T's Facebook page and launching the series of B&T Biweekly articles on InsideGMT to help players discover the game.

One thing worth communicating is that B&T's core components (board, game pieces & markers, dice) are already very close to final artwork. Meaning less production delay when it reaches 500 orders.

Final development playtest is in full swing with Barry Setser's expert team. A Vassal module is expected around the end of September. I'll announce shortly several fall and winter events where B&T will be (Carnage VT among them). Thank you to all!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Rodrigue
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Hi,

for those who want more information on the Action tokens I published a second B&T Biweekly article here:

http://www.insidegmt.com/?p=12834

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Rodrigue
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Demo for Action tokens
For the latest B&T Biweekly, I wrote a demo Action round with pictures etc.
For those who want to experience the feel of B&T!

http://www.insidegmt.com/?p=13232

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
mrodrigue wrote:
For the latest B&T Biweekly, I wrote a demo Action round with pictures etc.
For those who want to experience the feel of B&T!

http://www.insidegmt.com/?p=13232

Enjoy!

This looks great. Keep 'em coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Canada
Candiac
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
500 orders!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Rodrigue
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Hi,

it's been a while. Here's a new B&T article about Raids:
http://www.insidegmt.com/?p=15285

The developer Barry Setser took a storytelling angle. Enjoy!

Marc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.