Subject: First Card Prop rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Reuben Lam
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This situation came up and didn't see an answer in the rules (I could just be blind) What to do when the first revealed card at the start of the game is a Prop card?

We just reshuffled and started the deck over, but then the 2nd card of the next set turned up prop too..figured it was karma so we played it out.... Then there was a 20+ card wait for the 2nd prop card to reveal itself... at which point Coalition and Gov were thoroughly out of resources

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You do a Propaganda round just as if it appeared at any other time.

But not many people like that and it can be baffling to new players, so what I have usually done is take the last deck to go on top, randomly set aside two regular cards from it, shuffle the Prop card into the remainder and stick the two set-aside cards on top guaranteeing the game starts with at least two standard rounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Chances of this happening are low, but they do happen.
What I normally do is seed the Prop card into the bottom six cards of the first stack, so I know there will be at least six cards before getting a Prop.
It just takes a second to do... and thereafter there will be a maximum 18 card wait until the second one.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Philips
msg tools
I've taken steps when preparing the deck to make sure that there's a minimum number of cards played before the first propaganda round. Minimum of six has worked for me, giving each faction a decent chance of taking three turns if nobody passes or loses a turn because of an event card. After that, whatever happens happens...

Personally, I get annoyed when propaganda rounds come up very close together, but I also understand how necessary maintaining a certain level of uncertainty is to the overall flow of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.