Popular Tags: [View All]
J H
United States
Chesterfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to rank the games in your collection by last played date? I want to see what games I haven't played in a year or so. I know there must be but I am too dense to figure it out.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not perfect because other things will count as modifying your entry, but this could help a little

When you mark a game as played, that is modifying the entry

So, pull up your owned collection.
Click on Columns and check mark the box next to Last Modified (then click on Done)

Then click on filters, choose Played and select Yes (then click on Apply Filters)

That should pull up all games you have marked as played with the last modified date (which should be the last time you played the game - unless you did something else to that entry - like rated the game)

You can also click on the column which says last modified to flip it between ascending and descending

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
It's not perfect because other things will count as modifying your entry, but this could help a little

When you mark a game as played, that is modifying the entry

So, pull up your owned collection.
Click on Columns and check mark the box next to Last Modified (then click on Done)

Then click on filters, choose Played and select Yes (then click on Apply Filters)

That should pull up all games you have marked as played with the last modified date (which should be the last time you played the game - unless you did something else to that entry - like rated the game)

You can also click on the column which says last modified to flip it between ascending and descending

This does not seem to be correct. As an example I played Vinci last week for the first time in a number of years and I recorded the play. The last modified date is still shown as May 2015 when I changed my rating of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Nand
Italy
Modena
flag msg tools
Best. Game. Ever.
badge
I wrote nanDECK and BGG1tool
mbmbmbmbmb
Havox wrote:
Is there a way to rank the games in your collection by last played date? I want to see what games I haven't played in a year or so. I know there must be but I am too dense to figure it out.

My tool for Windows (BGG1tool) can do this:

- insert your username in the box to the right of "Load from user" button

- click on "Load from user" button

- wait until the left list is filled

- click on "Load games" button

- wait until the center list is filled

- click on "Pick games" button

- select your username in the top-left list

- click on "History" button

This is the result:

In the left box there are your played games, sorted on days from last play, in the right box your unplayed games.

http://www.nand.it/nandeck/bgg1tool.zip
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noreen
United States
flag msg tools
Fall in the Midwest
badge
Welcome to fall in the Midwest and a property with a lot of mature trees!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend signing up for Friendless's Stats. Its a site that will sync your BGG info (based on your username). It slices and dices up your game and plays info into a TON of different ways.

Specific to your question, once you have an account, you'd be able to pull up this info, except with your username, not mine:

http://friendlessstats.dtdns.net/dynamic/selections/ngwillia...

That page can be modified dynamically or via the url, although that took me a little doing to figure that out This is just one of MANY different views of the data. I can't recommend this site enough.

Read the intro paragraph here learn how to sign up: http://friendlessstats.dtdns.net/dynamic/index.html

There is an ongoing thread here where you can ask questions.

Have fun and let me know if you have any questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.