Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cody Guindon
Canada
Elliot Lake
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find the rule, I know wonders come into play automatically. The other cards can I pay 2 cubes to take and play right away?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Suita
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
"The other cards" is a pretty broad category.

Action cards you cannot play on the turn you take them.
Leaders you can play as a civil action.
Most techs you can play as a civil action by paying the tech cost.
Government techs you can alternatively play as a revolution, which is often (but not always) something you can't achieve on the turn you take the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hindmarch
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Action cards (yellow) cannot be played until a later turn.

Leaders cannot be put into play on the first round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Guindon
Canada
Elliot Lake
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Suita
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
MHindmarch wrote:

That's not a quality specific to leaders though. The rule is that you cannot spend your first round civil actions on anything other than taking cards. You also can't, for example, spend a civil action to destroy one of your starting farms.

I know that didn't need writing. I just couldn't stop myself. Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Verbalcody wrote:
I can't find the rule, I know wonders come into play automatically. The other cards can I pay 2 cubes to take and play right away?
In case there are any other rules you want to check that you are doing correctly, I did a how to play video covering the first few rounds of play. A lot of common mistakes people make without realising it might be covered in the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfotOEHxFTk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. Watch that. I can vouch for its usefulness. Thanks Paul.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
Monroe
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Benkyo wrote:
MHindmarch wrote:

That's not a quality specific to leaders though. The rule is that you cannot spend your first round civil actions on anything other than taking cards. You also can't, for example, spend a civil action to destroy one of your starting farms.

I know that didn't need writing. I just couldn't stop myself. Sorry.

Well, burning down one of your starting farms would seem pretty pointless. Hmm, in the absence of the "only draw cards" rule, is there anything else it would be possible to do? You can't develop a technology because you have no science points. You can't play an Action card because of the general rule about "not this turn for Actions". You can't increase population because you have no food, nor build anything because you have no resources. Seems like crowning a leader and destroying something are the only things the special first-turn rule prohibits in practice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.