Cosmic Encounter» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Trials with the Judge rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
STB
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a pretty great game recently. The aliens, in turn order, were Judge (me), Usurper, Laser, and Mesmer.

There were two particularly interesting encounters. The first one was on Mesmer's second encounter. At this time, everyone had two colonies. I was the defense and neither of us invited allies. With my power, I declared that the loser shall get a colony and played my lowest attack card. When encounter cards were revealed, it turned out that Mesmer played a Negotiate, so he got a colony and my x3 kicker, Finder, and Laser flare while I felt foolish for not realizing he would do that.

After getting myself to four colonies during my turn (in which Mesmer used the Finder as an Emotion Control to make a colony for colony deal with me) and an unsuccessful first encounter by Usurper, it was Laser's first encounter. I was the defense again. Laser aimed the gate at a three ship home colony and my hand consisted of an attack 15, an attack 20, two Cosmic Zaps, and two flares, so I zapped him to prevent a loss. I then invited both Mesmer and Usurper to my side, and both joined me with four ships. They regretted this, though when my fiat was that the winner would get a colony. Mesmer had no artifacts to stop me, so I won the game handily with my attack 20.

My conclusion from this game was that Judge is a really fun alien, and definitely deserves its red alert status!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.