Imperial Settlers: Atlanteans» Forums » Variants

Subject: Atlanteans Balance Idae rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fred Quimbey
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
I haven't gotten a chance to play this yet, but, what do you all think of this idea (again without playing it) to nerf/balance the Atlantes? How about giving them a set number of technology and advanced technology tokens per player, and then instead of letting them have them back when a building is razed, destroying them? That way they have an engine that has to be carefully maximized without the crazy score people seem to always get from them and making razing their buildings actually hurt them?

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winston Spencer
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are fine to me and my group, you need to change how you play and draft against them.

You can try it, but I recommend you play some game with the "normal" rules before trying it.

And the Atlanteans only get back the basic tec token, the advanced are discarded and they get a point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz Wachowski
Poland
Rudnik nad Sanem (podkarpackie)
podkarpackie
flag msg tools
I think they are balanced, at least in Tournament Format (don't know hows Open one, but excepting good balance too). For now I only see Romans a bit underpowered. If you feel Atlanteans a bit too strong, I recomend other players to make more offensive deck. In open format everybody tries to build a perfect combo and doesn't care about "tech" (don't confuse with atlantean "tech") cards.

Before I bought the expanion I was affraid too about balance, but after some matches I realised balance is not a problem. The problem is complexity of the new mechanism.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.