Subject: Not clear on support rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Liosatos
United States
Palatine
IL - Illinois
flag msg tools
Do you need to cast a spell to take a card from the support pool? I'm assuming yes because certain spell have this as an option. You can't take cards from the support pool unless you cast a spell?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Gass
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
JLiosatos wrote:
Do you need to cast a spell to take a card from the support pool? I'm assuming yes because certain spell have this as an option. You can't take cards from the support pool unless you cast a spell?

You have to use spells to get cards into support in the first place (although there might be some ways I'm not thinking of). The starting ice spell lets you pay a water to put another card into support.

You don't need to cast a spell to use a support card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjørnar Løseth
Norway
Bergen
Hordaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JLiosatos wrote:

Every effect making you pay element cards allows you paying with cards in support:

- Buying upgraded element cards
- Discarding (healing) curses
- Buying new spells
- Activating spells
- Defeating curses

I feel there are more cases but my brain is fried right now. Also remember that cards taken from another players support goes to that players discard pile, not your own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Villeurbanne
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's indeed a difference between using a card in Support, and taking it.

As Bjørnar wrote, you can use a card in Support to take any normal actions at your turn (or even outside if the active player makes you play). The cards are then discarded in the discard pile of the player who owns them.

Some spells allow you to take some cards in Support and add them in your hand, draw pile or discard pile.

Was it what caused any confusion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjørnar Løseth
Norway
Bergen
Hordaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattintheweb wrote:
There's indeed a difference between using a card in Support, and taking it.

Aha! I guess I didn't catch the difference in the original post either. I guess my answer was a bit superfluous - probably already known by the original poster. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Liosatos
United States
Palatine
IL - Illinois
flag msg tools
Thanks for the quick response. My confusion stemmed from a couple spell cards that allow you to take cards from the support pool. If you can do this without casting a spell, why would you waste a spell to do that action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Liosatos
United States
Palatine
IL - Illinois
flag msg tools
Aha I think I'm starting to get it. You have to cast a spell to put a support card in your hand. But after it's in your hand it's yours and you can use it freely. I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Villeurbanne
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JLiosatos wrote:
Aha I think I'm starting to get it. You have to cast a spell to put a support card in your hand. But after it's in your hand it's yours and you can use it freely. I think.
Exactly. If you just use the card to take an action, it goes back to its owner's discard pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Thomason
New Zealand
Nelson
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think you guys are missing the difference between support and support pool. Any spell I can think of that lets you take a card, says support. Support is only the cards you have played into the pool, support pool is all the cards including other players. When paying a cost you can use any cards in the support pool but if an effect says take a card from support, it's referring to your cards only, not other players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.