A G
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Noob question, however do cards from different chapters and deluxe sets have identifying markers on them? I.e if all the cards are jumbled up would it be easy enough to get them all back into the correct boxes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
You don't really need to ever separate them into specific cycles or deluxe boxes again.
LCG releases don't work like regular board game expansions.

Apart from that, cards have a running number on the lower right corner, telling you which deluxe box or cycle (not specific chapter pack) they belong to.

EDIT: I just realized, that while the number don't specifically say which chapter pack the card belongs to, it's trivially easy to figure out.
There are exactly 20 cards per pack, so nr. 1-20 belong to the first pack released, 21-40 to the second and so on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

To supplement what Dennis wrote above,

- Each chapter pack is part of a particular cycle. (There are two cycles in release now, "Westeros", and "War of Five Kings").
- Each cycle consists of six chapter packs. (Note that "War of Five Kings" has only one chapter pack released so far).
- Each chapter pack has 20 differently titled cards with three copies of each card (60 cards total per pack)
- Each different card is numbered sequentially
- Thusly as there are six chapter packs to a cycle, each cycle contains 120 different, sequentially numbered cards, from 1 to 120. (Again, three copies of each card).
- Most importantly to your question, each cycle is represented by an unique icon, printed in the lower right corner of each card from that cycle.

So, every card released thus far (and all that will be) can be uniquely identified to their expansion by the icon and sequence number printed in the lower right corner.

And remember that since each chapter pack contains 20 different cards, the first chapter pack of each cycle contains cards 1-20. The 2nd chapter pack contains 21-40. And so on. So that's how you can identify which chapter pack each card belongs to.

The Deluxe Expansion cards are identified the same way... a unique icon for each Deluxe Expansion and each differently titled card is numbered sequentially. Except with the Deluxe Expansions, there are no chapter packs. All the cards that are identified by the expansion's icon come in one box. Or in other words, if you want to consider a Deluxe Expansion as its own cycle, then you can say that the entire cycle comes in one box!

Only one Deluxe Expansion has been released so far... "Wolves of the North".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
Gibs55 wrote:
if all the cards are jumbled up would it be easy enough to get them all back into the correct boxes?

If you treat the boxes right, no. That's because the correct way to treat the crappy, new boxes is to throw them away and never use them again.

The chapter packs come in cheap, plastic clamshell packs which only a crazy person would try to organise. Do you have pegs sticking out of your shelves to hang them on, like in a store? No? Good. There's hope for you!

The deluxe sets are wrapped in terribly flimsy cardboard - almost paper - boxes which look like a large version of "my first self-printed 80gsm tuckbox". Total garbage. In fact, the components would be safer if you wrapped them in 6 playing cards of the same quality as the AGoT 2e cards.

Besides, you should organise all your cards by faction, subdivided into characters, attachments, locations, events and plots. Whether you do it in a box or a binder is up to you, but in the name of decency: don't use the original packaging for anything but mockery

(The core is fine, and has solutions like this or that, although these boxes rock the world of any serious collectors.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

For all the reasons that Hedyn presented above, is why it's that "that" from his post, that I use to store the cards that I buy, so that they stay organized. Either that, or my entire collection will become that mess that no one ever wants. Or else that'll be the day that I stop playing AGoT! That's for sure. You can even bet on that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A G
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Thanks for the help,

Ok so what box, bag should I be looking at to store all these cards if I decide to get them (already have 3x core)? Also thinking about the number of cards and sets to come.

Lol just noticed the hyper links in you post, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Gibs55 wrote:
Ok so what box, bag should I be looking at to store all these cards if I decide to get them (already have 3x core)?

I vote for this (link): "that"!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A G
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Anyone seen this http://www.thebrokentoken.com/unfinished-wooden-artist-case-...

Sorry not sure how to hyper link

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a case like that for my Dominion expansions. They're very hefty and IMO, pretty nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.