4 Posts

SeaFall» Forums » Rules

Subject: p7 What's on the map? (possible typo?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fito R
Argentina
flag msg tools
I just noticed that page seven of the manual, titled "what's on the map?" might have a typo.

You see, there are two large number 8 printed on the board, one on the island chart to the side, and one on the larger board pointing to the unknown area that is presumably ready for a new island.

However the text only refers to the shield number, and not the other 8. Is this a typo or something else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joou wrote:
I just noticed that page seven of the manual, titled "what's on the map?" might have a typo.

You see, there are two large number 8 printed on the board, one on the island chart to the side, and one on the larger board pointing to the unknown area that is presumably ready for a new island.

However the text only refers to the shield number, and not the other 8. Is this a typo or something else?

Looks like a typo to me, too. The six boxes its pointing to are the spots where you put "permanent" enmity stickers during the end game sequence. My best guess is that they originally planned to point that out there, but later decided that players needed more information on enmity to make sense of it, so they took away the defintion on page 7, leaving the main description of the boxes in the enmity section on page 11.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a typo, the "8" on the larger board picture should be deleted. We discovered it really late in the process - it's not there in the German version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fito R
Argentina
flag msg tools
Mystery solved!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.