Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia» Forums » General

Subject: Excited for my KS copy! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benji T
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After all the negative comments and threads, just thought to share some positivity =))

I don't mind having others get their hase copy at GenCon. The rationale for CMON selling the game has long been discussed with other publishers and other games for other conventions.

Indeed, seeing the base game early (an expected 3 months) gives me comfort, knowing that production is on track. Plus i get some mean pleasure watching people clamour and pay for a base game, where i paid a bargain price for the more than that. I love a good deal.

Since i have other games to keep me well entertained, i can wait, even if it comes a little late.

A little bonus is getting to watch unboxings ahead of time. It helps curb my spending, by being able to clearly visualise things i have "preordered". I sometimes conveniently forget games i've paid for on kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Johnson
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel the same. I didn't expect the game until November (at the earliest) and I already have a few games in my "backlog" that I still need to play. Seeing that the base game was at GenCon was actually exciting for me -- it meant that the game is READY and we're just waiting for the extras. Still don't know if they'll make the November date because there is a lot of extra stuff, but I was glad to see that the main game is done... plus it lets me hear some impressions before I get it.

But the other thing is... I understand CMON is running a business and GenCon is an excellent place for them to market the game -- and the best way to do that is to get it into some gamers hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is looking promosing. And you must consider that there is not as many minis, even for exclusives, as other CMON KS projects.

Very much looking forward to this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S P
United States
Zionsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Similar situation for me as well. I certainly understand why some people are disappointed that a handful of Gen Con attendees were able to get before them but it doesn't bother me at all. I have no shortage of games to play and the exclusive content from the KS that the Gen Con purchasers didn't receive makes the wait worth it for me.

I was able to see the game being played at Gen Con and I thought it looked great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Monson
Australia
Heathmont
VIC
flag msg tools
mb
I'm not upset about it being sold at fencing, I'm upset about the fact we are financial backers of the project and we haven't been given any status updates. We had no idea that production of the base game completed until people started posting about it.

I'm fine with not getting it until November as it's a Christmas present from my wife, so I can't play it until the end of December anyway, but they should let ud know officially what's happening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm excited as well, knowing that the base game is done gives me hope that there won't be a significant delay. Especially now that Inferno has been delayed again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon L
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
よろしく!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's unfortunately a part of the business right now, and when you kickstart a board game you have to expect that something like this will happen. Just like if you kickstart a video game you have to expect that it'll never get released, when you back a board game you have to expect that that year's GenCon attendees are going to get a copy before you do.

C'est la vie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.