Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, won my first game of Soviet Dawn. Took me around six plays. I won a political victory after lucking out and getting the Comintern international chit. I have to admit the win felt a little anticlimactic, but I think I just got lucky, and I'm guessing results like that aren't typical. My first thought was to house rule the Comintern bonus so that you can only use it three or four times, after which it returns to the reorganization board. However -- I haven't played the game very much yet and will resist for now the gamer's neurotic urge to tinker for balance.

Played a game tonight and lost when the Poles seized Moscow with only six (!) cards left in the draw pile. Very exciting and fun finish. Love this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Leviloff
United States
Foster City
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I don't know if you are playing with the C3I or VPG edition, but one option is to make political victory more difficult by requiring advance to "10" (needing a "6" on space "9"). I wouldn't be offended if you added that change only if you acquire Comintern (consider it "blowback" by foreign agents).

I always consider military victories to more of an accomplishment for political victory, but I think there is a nice dynamic where if you go political, the military situation often erodes (especially if you pick the "Bukharin option".)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.