Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: Drawing cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Khaz
Philippines
Quezon City
flag msg tools
The game takes up so much table space. Does anyone know of an app I can use to randomise card draws? That way I can keep the cards in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Lieberoth Wadum
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No app, but we use two business card holders to conserve table space https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001F4PV2W/ref=oh_aui_de...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Khaz
Philippines
Quezon City
flag msg tools
ooh that's exactly what I need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Murphy
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Card Warden.

It's a little clunky. There's a bit of a learning curve to figuring it out. It takes a few hours to get all the cards scanned. But after setting it up, when I've played solo and 2 player, we didn't need any physical cards besides the gear and artifact decks. HUGE space and time saver.

*Edit: To clarify. Card Warden is an app. As far as I know, it's only in the Apple Store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Card Warden is best used on an iPad or similarly sized device. We don't use it for Gear, Artifact, or Encounter cards (since some Encounters have lasting effects, we place those on the table AND if you play with Advanced Encounters where certain cards are linked to specific tiles, it's easier to search through a deck of cards to find a particular one than to dig through the app.

A few suggestions about Card Warden. Scan all your card backs FIRST. That way when you are choosing the card back for the card you are scanning, you don't have to scroll through ALL your card scans.

Don't crop the face of Threat cards so closely that you can't tell which level they are by the border. You might end up putting a card back into a wrong deck.

Don't scan every card, just scan each unique card face. When building your deck you can put in multiples of that card to replicate which ones you actually have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Jones
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/121675/shadows-brimst...

I made a deck shuffler for Loot, Scavenge and Threat Decks. You'll have to populate it it since FFP won't let anyone display their content.

But this does save some room. It's expandable as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Wiant
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use PD-11205 from here. It saves a LOT of space, and is really well made.

http://www.prawndesigns.com/Game-Card-Trays.shtml

I'll take a picture of my setup when I get home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So far I have two plastic business card holders (useful for other games too like Myth) and a broken token card holder which holds the larger, heftier decks (and I need at least one more of those).

Sure it would be nice to have them all in an app, but isn't it part of the fun to have all the cards to draw?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.