Subject: Which ship next? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After 8 plays, I finally beat the game using the Halcyon.

I'd usually get down to 15-20 threat cards before losing, but my last game, everything clicked; good crew dice, lucky threat roles, and of course, well timed "Don't Panic" cards!

What ship should I use next? Thinking about the Athena Mk. II...

(This is a really fun little solitaire game. Playing it is usually the last thing I do each day to relax.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
They're all so varied, it's hard to say. The Athena Mk II is very different because it has drone mini-ships. But then the other ships are unique in their own ways too. The Mononoaware has a very interesting way of activating weapons, and of blocking certain threat rolls, but takes practice to play well (I've yet to come anywhere near mastering it).

The remaining ship (which I forget the name of now), is probably the 'next step' up from the Halcyon. It has slightly different weapons, and the equaliser function that swaps shields with hull, but has a very similar feel overall to the Halcyon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.