$5.00
$15.00
$20.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Arcadia Quest» Forums » Rules

Subject: target all heroes, arcadia quest rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Toby Wan
msg tools
Quick question that popped up in our game.

When the troll has a payback reaction after being attacked, but he can not reach his attacker (because it was a long way ranged attack), can he attack other Heroes that are close enough (because he has the skill "Target all close Heroes") or is there no payback reaction at all since he can not reach (and payback) the initial attacker.

Thx
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Gudmundsson
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our group agrees on the fact that the monster just tries to attack the attacker. If he can not, because the route is blocked or too far away he tries to reach it and stops if he can not reach a position to attack.

This applies to all monsters and monsters never try to attack other players, even if they can target other players.

The Troll will only target all close heroes when he can attack the attacker and there are more heroes close to the Troll when attacking.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a monster must be able to attack the active hero that caused his attack, otherwise it doesnt attack at all.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tomasgudm wrote:
Our group agrees on the fact that the monster just tries to attack the attacker. If he can not, because the route is blocked or too far away he tries to reach it and stops if he can not reach a position to attack.


just to be clear, the player controlling the monster chooses how that monster moves which can be in any direction, not necessarily closer to the active hero.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Page 20 of the rule book:
Quote:

The player controlling the Monster doesn’t have to move it or
even perform its attack, if he so desires, but any attack made
by the Monster must necessarily have the active Hero as the
primary target
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandMasterFox wrote:
Page 20 of the rule book:
Quote:

The player controlling the Monster doesn’t have to move it or
even perform its attack, if he so desires, but any attack made
by the Monster must necessarily have the active Hero as the
primary target


^ This is your answer. The "Target all close Heroes" special ability that he has means that when he does attack, he will also target all heroes that are close to him during the attack as well. it does not remove his restriction that he has to be in range and initially attack the person who triggered his payback though.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent St. Pierre
United States
Rocky hill
Connecticut (CT)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, he does have 2 action points so make sure you close the door so that person that did that can not do it again.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Ender02 wrote:
GrandMasterFox wrote:
Page 20 of the rule book:
Quote:

The player controlling the Monster doesn’t have to move it or
even perform its attack, if he so desires, but any attack made
by the Monster must necessarily have the active Hero as the
primary target


^ This is your answer. The "Target all close Heroes" special ability that he has means that when he does attack, he will also target all heroes that are close to him during the attack as well. it does not remove his restriction that he has to be in range and initially attack the person who triggered his payback though.


So if the troll can't reach and/or attack the hero that attacked him then he can't attack other players close to him, correct?

The only way he would be able to attack other heroes is if he can attack the main hero that attacked him first.

Do I have this right?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Penrose
United States
Derby
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bghead8che wrote:
Ender02 wrote:
GrandMasterFox wrote:
Page 20 of the rule book:
Quote:

The player controlling the Monster doesn’t have to move it or
even perform its attack, if he so desires, but any attack made
by the Monster must necessarily have the active Hero as the
primary target


^ This is your answer. The "Target all close Heroes" special ability that he has means that when he does attack, he will also target all heroes that are close to him during the attack as well. it does not remove his restriction that he has to be in range and initially attack the person who triggered his payback though.


So if the troll can't reach and/or attack the hero that attacked him then he can't attack other players close to him, correct?

The only way he would be able to attack other heroes is if he can attack the main hero that attacked him first.

Do I have this right?


Correct
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.