J. Mowery
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BE WARNED! This game has a VERY POORLY-WRITTEN RULEBOOK!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
NO IT DOESN'T - YOU HAVE BEEN REASSURED.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
LOUD NOISES!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris thatcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No..IT DOES NOT!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen worse, but it could be better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijlof
Netherlands
Amersfoort
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I disagree. The rules are fine. The first time we played, we had a four player game. We were all unfamiliar with the game. We put the game on the table and one of us read the rules out loud. Hereafter we could instantly play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BE WARNED! This thread has an UNNECESSARILY ALARMIST SUBJECT LINE!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Nothing happens for a reason, but everything happens by a mechanism
badge
Nitrogen Conservation Awareness: I pee in the yard
mbmbmbmbmb
IT'S A WALLACE GAME!

YOU MUST GRADE ON A CURVE!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

BLASPHEMY! wow DEAR CHILD. DO YOU NOT KNOW THAT IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR SACRED WALLACIAN TEXTS TO BE IN ERROR? YOU MUST NOT EVEN THINK SUCH EVIL, LET ALONE SPEAK IT! SURELY IT IS YOU WHO IS NOT YET IN ALIGNMENT WITH THE HOLY WRIT. DO NOT FRET THAT SO MANY OTHERS BEFORE YOU HAVE ALSO BEEN CONFUSED; THAT IS JUST THE EVIL SINS OF REASON LEADING YOU ASTRAY. YOU MUST RESIST SUCH TEMPTATION! REST ASSURED, THE SACRED TEXTS WERE INSPIRED FROM ON-HIGH AND THUS CAN NEVER BE IN ERROR IN ANY WAY. TO GAIN A PROPER UNDERSTANDING YOU MUST FIRST KNEEL AND PRAY AT THE ALTAR OF WALLACE AND THEN HUMBLY ACKNOWLEDGE THE INTERPRETATIONS PRESENTED BY HIS MINIONS (ER... DISCIPLES).

BE FOREWARNED. IF YOU CONTINUE ON THIS PATH YOU WILL HAVE THIS TO LOOK FORWARD TO AS PUNISHMENT FOR BLASPHEMY:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colm McCarthy
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While a few Wallace rulebooks have certainly tested my patience, I found ASIE 2nd edition very easy to follow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
WHAT DO I DO WITH THIS INFORMATION?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Mowery
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate getting a game and finding out that the rulebook leaves many questions unanswered and causes a lot of confusion. It is also annoying when the rulebook has a lot of poor grammar as well as punctuation and spelling errors.

The rulebook for this game is just such a rulebook. It only takes a glance through the forum posts to see that there are a lot of complaints about this sloppy rulebook.

I simply posted this so that other folks might know what they're getting into before they hit the purchase button.

Relax, silly goose. Everything's gonna be just fine. Just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmbmbmb
jmmowery wrote:
I hate getting a game and finding out that the rulebook leaves many questions unanswered and causes a lot of confusion. It is also annoying when the rulebook has a lot of poor grammar as well as punctuation and spelling errors.

The rulebook for this game is just such a rulebook. It only takes a glance through the forum posts to see that there are a lot of complaints about this sloppy rulebook.

I simply posted this so that other folks might know what they're getting into before they hit the purchase button.

Relax, silly goose. Everything's gonna be just fine. Just fine.

My unqualified guess is that if you would have provided some kind of elaboration in the original post, as you did in the quote above, after the fact, or maybe an example from the rule book itself, you would not have received such responses as you did. Instead you made a post with a substantial amount of all caps type without substance for those of us who have not had a chance to see or read the rules. Just my opinion though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Heffernan
Australia
flag msg tools
BE WARNED THIS RULE BOOK HAS VERY ILLITERATE READERS!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello. Welcome to October.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.