Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DUKES
1.ELYSIUM THE ALLSMITH :he get 1VP for every symbol not for a set of 4 correct?

2.REESE THE FIREBRAND: He get 1VP for every C-M-D not for a set?

DOMAINS

FOXGROVE PALISADE: You pay 2 coins to change one of your dice to 6??

THE DESERT ORCHID:How doaes this work??you pay 1xholy cards to change a dice to 1?

GARGAN'S EMBRACE:you take 1 VP every time you rolling doubles?

Some domains have a text that for example immediatly return a M or C to their stack and get VP.If the stack of the card you want to return is exhausted what happens??can you return it or not??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Total unplayed games in my collection: 7
mbmbmbmbmb
matsas wrote:
DUKES

You are correct. In fact, there's currently no available Dukes which rely on matching "sets" for scoring.

matsas wrote:

Correct.

matsas wrote:
THE DESERT ORCHID:How doaes this work??you pay 1xholy cards to change a dice to 1?

Correct. Pay 1 coin to the bank per Holy citizen in your kingdom to change a die result to a 1.

matsas wrote:
Some domains have a text that for example immediatly return a M or C to their stack and get VP.If the stack of the card you want to return is exhausted what happens??can you return it or not??

I believe the stack becomes Unexhausted. I can't recall if this scenario is covered in the rule book or not. Curious to see an official ruling on this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Dumas
United States
Warrensburg
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matsas wrote:
DUKES

DOMAINS

GARGAN'S EMBRACE:you take 1 VP every time you rolling doubles?

I do not have the cars in front of me so I am just going off what you put in your post.

- For "Elysium The Allsmith" and "Reese the Firebrand" you are correct. They will give you one victory point for every instance of the symbol/type of card you have in your tableau. When counting the symbols that goes for all characters and Domains that have the symbols. So if you have a domain which required two workers (the hammer) and the card says you got 1vp for each hammer (do not have cards in front of me right now so not sure what he actually says) then that domain would net you 2VP. Another note - when scoring VP for left over resources (gold, magic might) and the Duke says it gives you 1vp for every 3 gold, magic, might - that means total not for every three in the particular catagory - so 4 gold, and 2 might would get you 2 vp (1 for the three gold and 1 for the 1 gold and 2 might -which total 3)

- "Foxgrove Palisade" - you are right, you pay two gold and are able to change the value of one of your dice to a six. You have to have the 2 gold before you collect resources for that roll. This card works great when you have a bunch of an 11/12 character.

- Desert Orchid - you look at your tableau and add up how many holy symbols you have. Then you pay one gold for every holy symbols you have and are able to change one dice to a value of 1

When changing the value of a dice to either a 6 or 1, no one collects resources till after the dice has been changed - so other players do not get a choice about using the new value. This can cut both ways - (when I see someone pick up one of these cards I know they might be changing the value of a dice on their turn, I start picking up characters that will pay off on that number change)

- Gargan's Embrace: You are correct, take 1vp every time you roll doubles.

As for returning a M or C when the stack exhausted is that you place it back where it would have gone on top of the exhausted card and that stack is no longer considered exhausted as related to ending the game. If you are playing with the expansions that give you event cards for the exhausted cards then the event does NOT trigger a second time if/when the card is purchased/defeated a second time.

Hope this answers your questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Dumas
United States
Warrensburg
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewkapish wrote:

I believe the stack becomes Unexhausted. I can't recall if this scenario is covered in the rule book or not. Curious to see an official ruling on this one.

I am not sure if it is in the instructions book or not, but I have seen Asaias comment on this in the past and this is the way he explained it. I am not able to try to look for that thread right at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All of the above answers are correct, but I have one addition :

Gargan's Embrace pays out on ANYBODY's turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaias Vallejo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
All of the above answers are correct, but I have one addition :

Gargan's Embrace pays out on ANYBODY's turn.

Yes, correct.

And, yes, the stack becomes unexhausted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.