$15.00
$20.00
$5.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Eldritch Horror» Forums » General

Subject: What should i buy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johannes Blank
Germany
Münster
Northrine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Hi there,

I have a couple of options on what to purchase next for my EH game. I have the base game, strange remnants and forgotten Lore. I consider to either

* buy sleeves, which would cost me approx. 40 bucks
* buy another expansion, und the pyramids would be 32, MoM would be 36, not sure I ever want another sideboard, though
* buy accessories; 4 of the e-raptor tableaus (http://e-raptor.pl/en_US/p/e-Raptor-Organizer-compatible-wit...) would be 28 bucks, and i don't ever play with more players than that
* other options? Maybe 30-40 euros could be spent in a better way?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal K
msg tools
Me and my group love Eldritch Horror, we have ~120 games under our belt and consider each and every single expansion to be a worthy addition to the game.
The most imporatant expansions are Forsaken Lore and Mountains of Madness because of Focus tokens.
Regarding the additional boards, unless you are playing with the corresponding Ancient One, 2 things tend to happen.
If it's Egypt, the game becomes easier, because you move on the Egypt board for free
If it's Antarctica, seldom anybody bothers to go there, except for Investigators which benefit greatly from Improving.
We tried to play once with both Boards. Never again. Wasn't fun at all, the world was suddenly too big for 4 investigators. There was TOO Much to do.
I would suggest buying the Expansions "chronologically" when you have played enough games that you want more stuff. Unless you can't get enough of Eldritch Horror like us.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you like Eldritch Horror?
If you do, and you think you'll continue to like it, I suggest buying some sleeves to protect your game.
If you do, but you think you'll get bored with it eventually, I suggest buying some sleeves so you can fetch a better price for your game when you decide to sell it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another perspective on sleeves: you can always wait until the cards show some signs of wear before sleeving. This won't be like MTG cards in terms of collectibility and future value. The only other reason to sleeve would be to mitigate "beer/pop incidents" if you have a particularly clumsy player at the table.

So get an expansion instead! Go with MOM first.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturs Lescinskis
Latvia
flag msg tools
Hey,

I heard that UtP is a good expansion, so if you already played way too many times that everything seems a bit similar I'd recommend getting a new expansion.

if you're more interested in upgrading, I'd suggest getting/planning/designing a storing solution for the game. Things that are available online cost 50-80 EUR, and from what I udnerstoon, will store core and all current expansions, and maybe tops 1 small box expansion. So it's something to consider.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Card Holders could be interesting for you if you have problems with your space on the table

http://e-raptor.pl/en_US/p/e-Raptor-Card-Holder-18S-DIY/904
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Blank
Germany
Münster
Northrine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
evil_lesh wrote:
Hey,

I heard that UtP is a good expansion, so if you already played way too many times that everything seems a bit similar I'd recommend getting a new expansion.

if you're more interested in upgrading, I'd suggest getting/planning/designing a storing solution for the game. Things that are available online cost 50-80 EUR, and from what I udnerstoon, will store core and all current expansions, and maybe tops 1 small box expansion. So it's something to consider.


I built a nice foam core insert, but that was before even the first expansion, I doubt I'd fit anything inside from the newer ones. I don't really like to spend that much on inserts, as i feel I can build them by myself, and I'm usually dissatisfied with the ones you can buy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Blank
Germany
Münster
Northrine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Roger the Alien wrote:
Card Holders could be interesting for you if you have problems with your space on the table

http://e-raptor.pl/en_US/p/e-Raptor-Card-Holder-18S-DIY/904


I have e-raptor card holders for the small cards (not those, the plastic ones, they work fine, although they are prone to breaking).

Have you tried the tableaus from e-raptor? They look kinda cool, but I'm really not sure whether they serve any purpose.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, right now I own the same expansions as you(Forsaken Lore and Strange Remnants) but I will probably buy those card holders along with the next expansion.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diego Matheus
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My first suggestion is to buy sleeves, personally I feel the game more enjoyable and secure after doing that, my personal opnion, to secure all the cards, and since I love Eldritch. Second, buy MoM, it's a great expansion!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driss
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No love for Signs of Carcosa? You could buy that and some sleeves. I always sleeve my games right away but I've seen videos of people who don't and their cards are always worn on the sides.

I also recommend foamcoring a custom insert since the pre-built ones either won't hold sleeved cards or eventually become obsolete as the game expands.

I have no experience with those e raptor organizers but they're already obsolete because they don't hold focus tokens. Also they are not even needed in the slightest bit while sleeves/expansions/box insert are much more important.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A
United States
flag msg tools
Sindriss wrote:
No love for Signs of Carcosa? You could buy that and some sleeves. I always sleeve my games right away but I've seen videos of people who don't and their cards are always worn on the sides.

I also recommend foamcoring a custom insert since the pre-built ones either won't hold sleeved cards or eventually become obsolete as the game expands.

I have no experience with those e raptor organizers but they're already obsolete because they don't hold focus tokens. Also they are not even needed in the slightest bit while sleeves/expansions/box insert are much more important.


Focus tokens are the same size as clues.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.