Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Bridges
United States
Nazareth
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood and probably themselves will not be realized.
mbmbmbmbmb
...is everyone using the official event tile variant from DLP? Or just playing with the rules written as is? I don't see too much about it in the forums, so I am having trouble determining the variant's value before my first game...Is using it a no-brainer or an unnecessary attempt at a band-aid?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[Disclaimer: I am not aware of this official tile variant, even though I own the DLP version of the game.]

edit:
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/119525/event-tiles-new-of...

I have not once thought that the event tiles as they are need to be remedied. Sure, we know for sure that the first event is meaningless, but that seems to be the only problem in the base game. I have now played the game sth like 20 times and still love it the way it was originally designed.
The Invasion expansion offers plenty of new event tiles to either mix in with the originals or replace them altogether.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardy
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansion offers a new variant which makes the variant you asked for superfluess.

As long as you don't have that, I recommend the variant as it makes the game more interesting.
The game is not broken without it though, its just that the events are a bit broing. So you can play first game original rules, 2nd game variant, and then decide which you like better for yourself.

I'd also recommend to printout the promo tile depot and add it to the availabe locations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chicagometh wrote:
...is everyone using the official event tile variant from DLP? Or just playing with the rules written as is? I don't see too much about it in the forums, so I am having trouble determining the variant's value before my first game...Is using it a no-brainer or an unnecessary attempt at a band-aid?

The original rules haven't been that big of a deal. You should try it and see if it bothers you. I've been meaning to try the official variant, but just too lazy to separate the tiles, lol!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
actaion wrote:
The expansion offers a new variant which makes the variant you asked for superfluess.

Of course, here in the United States we still can't get the expansion. Maybe by the end of 2016. Or maybe not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
warren maruschak
Canada
winnipeg
manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevepop wrote:
actaion wrote:

Of course, here in the United States we still can't get the expansion. Maybe by the end of 2016. Or maybe not.

I'm in Canada and I have the expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.