Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
andrea bortolotti
Italy
noceto
parma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can use encirclemente counters (aparts after a charge as explained on rules) when i touch an enemy unit after movement, but not chargin him (due reduced movement)?
Also in the melee phase on unit not activated in the turn? If "no", i must activate a unit in melee at start of the turn to do that?

To retake encirclements counters on my units i needs to activate them?

For Turns in combat the unit needs an activation at start of the turn? Or is free in the melee phase?

Thanks
Totola
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Manuel Moreno Ramos
Spain
Cádiz
Cádiz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings Totola,

You may add/remove encirclement counters when a unit is activated.

So you can add them when you touch an enemy unit, after movement (included reduced movement).

To retake encirclement counter in one unit you need activate it.

Units in melee may be activated free without the use of a order card. Once it is activated, an encirclement counter may be added/removed.

Best regards,

Jose Manuel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrea bortolotti
Italy
noceto
parma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
Bye

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens to an encirclement counter that is charged? Is it considered a flank or rear attack? Does it withdraw back in to its parent?

Is this a valid tactic to reduce contact area?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrea bortolotti
Italy
noceto
parma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you "touch" an encirclement counter or an extended line counter not frontally, that counter is removed and parent unit take a wound immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrea bortolotti
Italy
noceto
parma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If i Turn up to 90° using the center of the card as the axis, is it considered a Reduced Movement maneuver, right?

I can Withdraw only to my rear?

In Withdrawing situation, the opponent can maintain the position only if his unit card front is facing the front of the withdrawing unit?

The main (only?) difference between Charge Movement and Reduced Movement when I make contact with the enemy, is that when Chargin I can line up my unit automatically for free, finishing with the best possible position for me, right?

In Ranged Combat, both friendly and enemy units may obstructs the LOS to a target?

A Broken unit may act as a normal one except for the penalties to Attack and Morale?

A Fleeing unit is always also a Broken one, right?

Thanks
Totola
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Manuel Moreno Ramos
Spain
Cádiz
Cádiz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
totola wrote:
When you "touch" an encirclement counter or an extended line counter not frontally, that counter is removed and parent unit take a wound immediately.

Hi,

You need to touch an encirclement counter frontally to remove it.

Best regards,

Jose Manuel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Manuel Moreno Ramos
Spain
Cádiz
Cádiz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
totola wrote:

If i Turn up to 90° using the center of the card as the axis, is it considered a Reduced Movement maneuver, right?

You are right. You may turn up to 90º from any card corner using standard movement, but if you use the card center, you have to use reduced movement and you can't charge in the same turn.

totola wrote:

I can Withdraw only to my rear?

If you are going to withdraw voluntarily, you can make in any direction, but a fleeing unit always move backwards if it is possible.

totola wrote:

In Withdrawing situation, the opponent can maintain the position only if his unit card front is facing the front of the withdrawing unit?

Opponent always can mantain its position.

totola wrote:

The main (only?) difference between Charge Movement and Reduced Movement when I make contact with the enemy, is that when Chargin I can line up my unit automatically for free, finishing with the best possible position for me, right?

With reduced movement you can't charge and you haven't the modifiers applicable, and you can't line up free.

totola wrote:

In Ranged Combat, both friendly and enemy units may obstructs the LOS to a target?

Yes, it is correct.

totola wrote:

A Broken unit may act as a normal one except for the penalties to Attack and Morale?

It is correct. A broken unit lose his combat spirit so only attack and morale are affected.

totola wrote:

A Fleeing unit is always also a Broken one, right?

Yes, fleeing is a unit status worse than borken ones. Only broken units may reach flleing ones. There are only a few exceptions for mounted units due to a few events that may flee them without the broken status.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrea bortolotti
Italy
noceto
parma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But at page 23 of the rules:

If a unit charges against an Extended or Encircling counter of a unit,
either by the the rear or from a flank, then this counter automatically is removed...

Maybe a unit with extended line loose the counter when the attacker touch only the counter and not the unit card together (frontal attack)
With encircling counters the counters are always eliminated when touched.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Manuel Moreno Ramos
Spain
Cádiz
Cádiz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
totola wrote:
But at page 23 of the rules:

If a unit charges against an Extended or Encircling counter of a unit,
either by the the rear or from a flank, then this counter automatically is removed...

Maybe a unit with extended line loose the counter when the attacker touch only the counter and not the unit card together (frontal attack)
With encircling counters the counters are always eliminated when touched.

Hi Andrea,

Acording to rules, in order to remove an encirclement counter you have to charge against it, and charges only may be made frontally. Obviously you may charge (frontally) from charged unit's rear or flank.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.