Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Sjoholm
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here, please move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have a parts list for this game? The rule book doesn't explicitly list how many cards are in each deck or what equipment is included in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Need parts list for Mr. President
There are at least two (maybe three) editions of the game. But I did check one of mine a few months ago and found that there were 52 cards in each of the 4 decks of cards. I guess that makes sense, since it was long before the days of 60-card decks that we have in many games nowadays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Guthrie
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
This is a common problem with old 3M games. I have several in my collection which I have been attempting to inventory. Few (if any) have a parts list. In some cases, the parts list is infered somewhere within the rules (UFO) or by the parts tray (Jumpin).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Walker
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
dguthrie (#33172),

I just did a recount (!) and this has got me thinking. I have 54 ballot cards in each deck, 14 red candidate cards, but only 13 blue candidate cards. Can anyone confirm this total?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike P
United States
Castleton
New York
flag msg tools
Check out my blog, Board Game Radar!!!
badge
Stop! That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bribaba (#39921),

I just got a copy off of eBay (1967 version). I have 18 candidates in each color. I have 40 President Ballot Cards in each color and 38 Vice President Cards in each color. I also have 30 small yellow cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
1967 Edition: I think it should be 40 President & 40 Vice President cards. Plus the 30 yellow cards. 2 Dice, 2 pencils.

To clarify this edition has 1967 on the front of the box as well as the back of the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Johnson
United States
DENVER
Colorado
flag msg tools
Hoarders: BGG Edition
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Parts list for "Mr. President"
The following parts list for Mr. President is being compiled from an unplayed game.

I am removing the cards from the cellophane wrappers as we speak (07-20-2005 6:32pm CDT)...

Although I do believe that every BGGeek is important, the cards were not unwrapped solely for the purpose of compiling this inventory...

As for Copywright dates of the edition that I own:
The front of the box cover states a copywright of "1967"
The back of the very same box cover states a copywright of "1971"
The printed rules state a copywright of "1972"
...go figure.

Inventory:

* 108 Ballot Cards, divided into 2 decks (Red and Blue)
* Each deck contains 54 cards = 27 "President" Cards (26 Cards with state names and 1 "Home State" Card) and 27 "Vice-President" Cards (26 Cards with state names and 1 "Home State" Card)
* 26 Candidate Cards (13 Red and 13 Blue) [There is actually one more Red Card that states, "This deck contains Candidate Cards for both political parties"]
* 1 sheet of 28 Campaign Headquarters Cards (light blue)
* 1 Ballot Box Lid (which fits over the card tray on the open box)
* 2 "Tally Boards"
* 2 grease pencils
* 2 dice
* box
* plastic card tray insert

I am assuming that my game is complete, as it was checked by Inspector #12 at the 3M Company in St. Paul, Minnesota...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett David Spain
United States
Lee's Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely Bonkers. But I will tell you a secret, All the best people are.
mbmbmbmbmb
My inventory is different:

78 red ballot cards

There are 72 cards divided into President and Vice-President categories which consist of denominations:

50,000, 100,000, 200,000, 300,000, 400,000, 500,000 and 1 million

There are also 3 President home state 300,000 cards and 3 Vice-President 200,000 cards

78 blue ballot cards

Same as red breakdown

18 red candidate cards
18 blue candidate cards
30 yellow campaign headquarters cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Chellman
United States
New Berlin
WI
flag msg tools
mbmb
My 1967 edition came with reference cards which indicate that there are indeed 78 ballot cards of each color. 40 for the president and 38 for the vice president.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
May I pass along my congratulations for your great interdimensional breakthrough. I am sure, in the miserable annals of the Earth, you will be duly enshrined. -- Lord John Whorfin
mbmbmbmbmb
axarca wrote:
The following parts list for Mr. President is being compiled from an unplayed game.

I am removing the cards from the cellophane wrappers as we speak (07-20-2005 6:32pm CDT)...

Although I do believe that every BGGeek is important, the cards were not unwrapped solely for the purpose of compiling this inventory...

...go figure.

Inventory:

* Each deck contains 54 cards = 27 "President" Cards (26 Cards with state names and 1 "Home State" Card) and 27 "Vice-President" Cards (26 Cards with state names and 1 "Home State" Card)
* 26 Candidate Cards (13 Red and 13 Blue) [There is actually one more Red Card that states, "This deck contains Candidate Cards for both political parties"]
* 2 "Tally Boards"
* 2 grease pencils
* 2 dice
* box

I am assuming that my game is complete, as it was checked by Inspector #12 at the 3M Company in St. Paul, Minnesota...

Just for posterity - my copy has 1967 printed front and back of the box, and 1971 in the rules. My contents are exactly the same. I have to assume different printings had different inventory numbers.

Just glad my copy is in fact complete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Shelton
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lobo2 wrote:
artfuldodge2 wrote:
axarca wrote:

...go figure.

Inventory:

* 2 "Tally Boards"
* 2 grease pencils
* 2 dice
* box

Just for posterity - my copy has 1967 printed front and back of the box, and 1971 in the rules. My contents are exactly the same. I have to assume different printings had different inventory numbers.

Just glad my copy is in fact complete.

Ditto. I have the same printing and contents.

I also have this edition and my count comes out identical. Consider it triple checked!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve mizuno
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
throwingmuse wrote:
My inventory is different:

:city: 78 red ballot cards

There are 72 cards divided into President and Vice-President categories which consist of denominations:

50,000, 100,000, 200,000, 300,000, 400,000, 500,000 and 1 million

There are also 3 President home state 300,000 cards and 3 Vice-President 200,000 cards

:city: 78 blue ballot cards

Same as red breakdown

:city: 18 red candidate cards
:city: 18 blue candidate cards
:city: 30 yellow campaign headquarters cards

For my 1967 version, I have the exact same count!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colls
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
1967 Edition: I think it should be 40 President & 40 Vice President cards. Plus the 30 yellow cards. 2 Dice, 2 pencils.

To clarify this edition has 1967 on the front of the box as well as the back of the box.

I just picked up a 1967 edition (1967 on front of box, back of box, and on rules). My count is as stated by Belial1134: 40 Pres cards and 40 VP cards in both colors, 30 yellow cards, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Colls wrote:
belial1134 wrote:

I just picked up a 1967 edition (1967 on front of box, back of box, and on rules). My count is as stated by Belial1134: 40 Pres cards and 40 VP cards in both colors, 30 yellow cards, etc.

The 67 version has the two decks of 40 and 38, with two "Ballot Count" cards that show the ballot distributions in the VP deck.

Really should be a separate version for this game, as the two games have wholly different decks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Closet Thrifter

New Hampshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:

My version has the same count except mine also has 18 candidate cards in each color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.