Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmb
Is it miniatures size? Or just a case of the core game getting the crack discount to get people hooked?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:
Is it miniatures size? Or just a case of the core game getting the crack discount to get people hooked?

For a few reasons:

A) yes, the core game could have been priced higher following the general 5x rule of thumb of pricing, but we wanted a lower buy in if possible

B) the empires, after some SGs will have several MORE plastic figures (it has only two fewer, and generally larger ones, and then will end up with about 7 or 8 MORE).

C) likewise, it will end up with a larger map (the single biggest cost printed item) as an SG.

D) we expect to hit these SGs, and the price will be very fair at that point - frankly, without them it seems fair to me, since I know the real costs! Our minis are monstrously large - even more than CW in some cases.

Hope that makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And I imagine economics of scale play a role too. There will be more base game boxes sold and produced, so fixed cost can be split up among more units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
And I imagine economics of scale play a role too. There will be more base game boxes sold and produced, so fixed cost can be split up among more units.

yes, that is true to, though I am thinking we will sell a fairly sizable number of empires, probably more than 50% as many as core games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
Ze_German_Guy wrote:

yes, that is true to, though I am thinking we will sell a fairly sizable number of empires, probably more than 50% as many as core games.
I hope you do!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
If not all of the Empire box stretch goals fund, then I promise to "virtually" lower its price to $125 or less by lowering shipping costs as needed to make up the difference.

But my guess is it will all fund, in which case the Empires box will contain 44 models (cf. with the core game's 36), mostly large (Titans) or complex (Kraken), and it will have a gigantic map.

So only 8% more in cost is actually a bargain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 8 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk Essex Games 27 Jul '15
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandy Petersen wrote:
If not all of the Empire box stretch goals fund, then I promise to "virtually" lower its price to $125 or less by lowering shipping costs as needed to make up the difference.

But my guess is it will all fund, in which case the Empires box will contain 44 models (cf. with the core game's 36), mostly large (Titans) or complex (Kraken), and it will have a gigantic map.

So only 8% more in cost is actually a bargain.

Obviously also hoping it will all fund. The initial rush is over and now just slowly clocking up. But I haven't tried working out at what rate. Nor do I know if a last minute rush is also expected.

I can also only see the next two levels. (I can see items beyond that, but not their lebels.) So don't know how much more is needed.

But if it doesn't all fund, do we end up with oddities like some factions with ziggurats and some not? And an incomplete faction?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
In memory of Tara, my beloved Wolfhound-Deerhound cross. Flew away Feb 2016, still missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dearlove wrote:
But if it doesn't all fund, do we end up with oddities like some factions with ziggurats and some not? And an incomplete faction?

Note that all the Moon stretch goals are pretty early in the sequence. The custom ziggurats, extra elder races and monsters are more under threat of not funding. I'd be very surprised (and devastated) if we don't get the Full Moon, as it were...

Cheers,
Graham

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Murthwaite
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping we can break, on average, one goal a day. That should get us everything that is listed with plenty of time to spare

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 8 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk Essex Games 27 Jul '15
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
therealbuserian wrote:
Dearlove wrote:

Note that all the Moon stretch goals are pretty early in the sequence. The custom ziggurats, extra elder races and monsters are more under threat of not funding. I'd be very surprised (and devastated) if we don't get the Full Moon, as it were...

That's not quite the case. We've already got one ziggurat, and the moon goals now alternate with other things, one of which is a second ziggurat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Dearlove wrote:
Obviously also hoping it will all fund. The initial rush is over and now just slowly clocking up. But I haven't tried working out at what rate. Nor do I know if a last minute rush is also expected.

There will be a surge in funding over the last 48 hours, guaranteed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
United States
Forest Hill
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does pledging $1 still get access to the pledge manager and such? something came up and may have to pull my $125 pledge but I should have the cash after the KS ends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.